Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Retirement

Hey Ihamo, nice to "see" you! I do exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    I also don't track finances as closely as I used to, which has also eased some of the anxiety I used to feel.
    I'm not retired yet, but I've noticed I don't track as closely since my financial advisor told me I can jump any day I fee like it.

That’s great news!

I am currently on holiday in France and completely unplugged from work. I ran my numbers again last month and they are better than I thought they were and are well above monthly expenses which allow us to live very well, note we are in Paris on vacation. I think I will give notice next week to retire July 3. That will allow me to complete two annual projects and get people prepared

That’s great news!

Quote Originally Posted by San Onofre Guy View Post
    I am currently on holiday in France and completely unplugged from work. I ran my numbers again last month and they are better than I thought they were and are well above monthly expenses which allow us to live very well, note we are in Paris on vacation. I think I will give notice next week to retire July 3. That will allow me to complete two annual projects and get people prepared
    Could you give us an on-site update on the Notre Dame while you are visiting Paris please? It does help to get away to get a better perspective on things at home or work.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Oh, wow! Two people today with retirement on the short horizon!! Congratulations, and good job! Early retirement on a comfortable stash. Awesome.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We just had our quarterly check-in with our financial advisor. We'll be 58 this month. I plan to retire in 2y and hubby wants to work to 65. Tyler told us we need to start spending money. That was quite a kick for us. We deny ourselves nothing. As most of you understand, we don't want much. So it's interesting to think about spending more.......

Norte Dame will be fine with a new roof and spire. I suspect that even though we would not like to have seen what happened, occur, in all likelihood all of these improvements were likely needed.
    Paris is crowded and it isn’t busy yet.
    i will have my date be July 5 in order to get holiday pay for the Fourth

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    What has worked for me (though I recognize that it is less than optimal, mathematically speaking) is having a HUGE cash stash. Some of it will get invested immediately, but I will always keep 2-3 years of expenses in cash or near equivalents so that my Inner Bag Lady never has to deal with the prospect of selling off investments during extreme market downturns.
    To the bolded: I love this. It's up there with "Johnny Depp'in it"

Thread Information