Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Thinking of Retirement

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,982
    Quote Originally Posted by saguaro View Post
    To the bolded: I love this. It's up there with "Johnny Depp'in it"
    This went over my head.... what does this mean? Johnny Depp in it?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,055
    Retired about two months ago, so I m still probably in the honeymoon phase. I may start working at a dramatically downshifted job at some point, but so far I really enjoy it.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,640
    I think it takes about 6 months to decompress. I really miss my teaching job but not enough to work for between 1-2k/semester instead of 8. I am doing some consulting but wish it was more.

  4. #44
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,261
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Retired about two months ago, so I ‘m still probably in the honeymoon phase. I may start working at a dramatically downshifted job at some point, but so far I really enjoy it.
    Congratulations, LDAHL! I somehow missed this.

  5. #45
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,582
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Congratulations, LDAHL! I somehow missed this.
    He did not make a big splash, that is not his way

    I figured he left the workforce when he spoke once about downsizing his domicile, and then all of a sudden he is not around here very much because retirement.

  6. #46
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    9,503
    Wow! I missed it, too! Congratulations, LDAHL! Plenty of time reread William Buckley Jr books! And biographies of Reagan!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  7. #47
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,597
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow! I missed it, too! Congratulations, LDAHL! Plenty of time reread William Buckley Jr books! And biographies of Reagan!
    And the Mueller Report!
    May you have a relaxed and fulfilling retirement!

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,982
    Congrats to the Best time of your life!

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    He did not make a big splash, that is not his way

    I figured he left the workforce when he spoke once about downsizing his domicile, and then all of a sudden he is not around here very much because retirement.
    It's true, I seem to be pretty busy for someone not productively employed. I certainly don't miss the alarm clock.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,640
    It’s nice to catch up on all the projects you never had time for. Congrats!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •