Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impending slew of crap—thread #2

IL: Do you mean to tell us you don't dig the Mickey Mouse Xmas T-shirt???

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    IL, I showed that dress picture to two women here in my office. The Millennial laughed her head off, while simultaneously the Silent Gen woman remarked, "Isn't that gorgeous!"

ROFLMAO
    this is so so great! Haha, thanks for telling me this.

I heard the garbage truck dump vontents of the dumpster late this afternoon and thought about the awful picture. Too late to run out to save it!

While the image of the picture is simple but quite lovely, the background is very severe. There is a story in that picture. An acquaintance designs such fabric-based items and they display and sell quite well. Her backgrounds are carefully designed to enhance the garment she created. She was on an art studio tour that I visited.
    You do get some interesting items, IL
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I too thought the picture was not a good gift for you, but to clarify, is it your grandmother, IL? Then it kind of makes sense as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I too thought the picture was not a good gift for you, but to clarify, is it your grandmother, IL? Then it kind of makes sense as a gift.
    To be clear, this picture was wrapped and in a pile of presents at our plant society’s xmas social. We play bingo and each time someone wins, they take a present from the pile.

so this picture has nothing to do with me.

What I dread worse than the gift exchanges are the cookie exchanges. Yuck. I'm not interested in cookies that come from a house with 6 cats. I've had a upper respiratory crud and you don't want cookies coming from my kitchen this week.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

My sister has a tendency to get me things I need to dust. Like, for my birthday, gigantic cookie jar. I don't even keep cookies in the house. It's cute and all, but...

She got me a set of plates for our anniversary. She actually has never been in my house, has no idea what my idea of decor is, etc. It's not that I'm ungrateful. I just don't know how to tell people "please, nothing I need to dust."

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    My sister has a tendency to get me things I need to dust. Like, for my birthday, gigantic cookie jar. I don't even keep cookies in the house. It's cute and all, but...

She got me a set of plates for our anniversary. She actually has never been in my house, has no idea what my idea of decor is, etc. It's not that I'm ungrateful. I just don't know how to tell people "please, nothing I need to dust."
    Only if your request will be respected is it worth making the request.

Otherwise, smile, nod, thank, and chuck the gifts when you get home. That is what we do.

"I just don't know how to tell people "please, nothing I need to dust."

How about this: "When you're considering a gift for me, picture it with layers of dust. Cuz, ya know, I don't dust. Then decide."
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

We can no longer dust...the bible says "dust you are to dust you will return" or something like that...
    Could be a friend or a relative!! LOL

Thread Information