Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petty stuff but it drives me bats

Nope. Roman alphabet. She’s been in the US for 10 years.

This would get under my skin too!

Is there anywhere near the printer where existing jobs could be placed for pickup? It does not seem too much to ask to simply lift the stack off in order and put them in a designated location. I would be annoyed by having to walk people's jobs to them repeatedly -- especially as it easily could become a habit of outsourcing labor to other more considerate colleagues.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

There is a table right next to the copier. Gal in question won’t use it. I’m leaving her stuff in that table now.

It felt very nice to actually be validated when I talked to supervisor Friday. She agreed I had been civil to coworker asking her to handle print jobs with out getting them out of order, using my inbox as a dumping ground, etc.

I think it is great, talking to a supervisor is always a risk in some ways.

I thought of this thread yesterday as I was standing at the public library‘s copy machine.

All of the computers in the library are tied to this copy machine. So I was standing there making photocopies and intermittently other people’s IRS forms , legal forms and etc. were coming out of the pipeline and I had to touch each piece of paper to take my own stuff out and I thought wow this is such a cluster FK.

And I was glad that I was retired And had time to do this. I am taking advantage of the library’s free copies. Each library user gets 50 free copies each month.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-2-19 at 5:23pm.

Printers are only 40 and more convenient.

I think ours are 25cents a page. 50 free would be great but it is a huge library with 6 floors having computers on them so it could be a real mess.

I used a library in Florida a few months ago, and your job would only print when you entered a code, or flashed your library card at the printer. So you could queue it up whenever you wanted, and not worry about prying eyes getting into your job.

Thread Information