Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump and his dog whistle

Trump and his dog whistle

Have you noticed that sometimes, when someone says to him that what he's insisting on having done, might not be approved? He says things like "Well, I think there will be a revolt".
    I'm sure that fires up his base, which could mean violence and not peaceful protesting. I think when he says things like that, he's sending a message to his base about how to handle it.

Violence and not-peaceful protesting.kinda the norm around here in St. Louis/Ferugson area. But it isnt instigated by Donald Trump.

will you let me know when the Trump-inspired revolt starts up?

I think both Cathy and IL are right. Violence has been happening for a long time however we have never had a president encourage it before. So I think he is indirectly responsible for inciting the crazies to do more violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I think both Cathy and IL are right. Violence has been happening for a long time however we have never had a president encourage it before. So I think he is indirectly responsible for inciting the crazies to do more violence.
    . Yes TT, I agree. There is a lot of daily shootings and murders in a big city near me, but those guys probably don’t even know who Trump is. But some of the people who voted for him probably listen To most everything he says and can read between his lines.

I think it is quite irresponsible of a President to suggest "revolt" to deflect.

When a Donald Trump or a Maxine Waters say something stupid or irresponsible, I think it’s legitimate to call them stupid and irresponsible.

When people act stupidly or irresponsibly, I blame the bad actors. I do think it’s not possible to make a direct connection to one’s words and another’s deeds without drifting in the direction of thought crime. Too often, the people hearing the dog whistle are those in the opposing camp looking to blacken the name of someone they don’t like.

I think it’s giving a unstable person permission to do something they may have thought about. They feel justified if someone in power is giving the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I think it’s giving a unstable person permission to do something they may have thought about. They feel justified if someone in power is giving the nod.
    They may also feel justified if they see messages in their alphabet soup or decide a television character is speaking directly to them.

Attempting to assign blame to someone, however obnoxious they may be, for your interpretation of someone else’s interpretation of their words is way too circuitous a logical path to be of much use except as a rhetorical weapon. You could at some point blame any public figure for some crazed actions based on whatever dog whistle you claim to be hearing.

Disagree L.

I disagree too. I'm pretty perceptive about behavior. I don't say these things about Trump because I'm not a conservative. I say them because he proves me right over and over and over, with his behavior, his talk, his actions. He's evil and doesn't give a crap about this country. He's a liar and loves to start fires and step back and watch them. He knows exactly what he's doing when he says there will be riots. I have no doubt.

Thread Information