Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump and his dog whistle

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I disagree too. I'm pretty perceptive about behavior. I don't say these things about Trump because I'm not a conservative. I say them because he proves me right over and over and over, with his behavior, his talk, his actions. He's evil and doesn't give a crap about this country. He's a liar and loves to start fires and step back and watch them. He knows exactly what he's doing when he says there will be riots. I have no doubt.
    Do you think Trump is personally satisfied at fhe riots we have in St. Louis? Rather than riots, perhaps some would call them “protests that got out of control” but when our police officers are injured in the things, to me, that is an MF riot.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-15-18 at 10:48pm.

There were trump supporters rioting in saint louis?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    There were trump supporters rioting in saint louis?
    I dont know what CathyA means by “ riots” so I invite her to talk about that.

Trump has said that there will be a violent respomse from his supporters if he gets impeached. (Presumably he’s being characteristically sloppy with his words and actually meant impeached ANd convicted.)

IL.......I'm not quite sure why you're having trouble understanding what I said. I'm not saying that whatever Trump says, it causes violence/riots everywhere that aren't even related to what he said. If something he wants done (build a wall), doesn't happen, he says "Well, I think people will riot".......he's speaking to some of his base that they should think about rioting over whatever it is that he wants, but isn't getting. I think many of his supporters are quick to get angry and express it. He knows this and wants to use them to cause chaos. He's a total manipulator and knows how to get them riled up. He's conniving and I wouldn't put anything past him, to set a fire and take pleasure in watching the destruction.

I can't stand to listen to him anymore. Twitter feeds are ridiculous. Misspellings are embarrassing. His constant effort to drum up violence terribly inappropriate. His promises not happening. His constant berating of those whom were his chosen ones and then ordered to resign.

His Leadership lacks on so many spectrums we're the laughing stock of the earth.

Well said G!

I don’t think the argument was that Donald Trump is a wonderful man. It was more about his (or anyone’s) power to make other people bad.

Unfortunately, a lot of people can't/don't/won't think for themselves very well, and they DO respond to others telling them how to behave.....or encourage them to behave in ways that were here-to-for kept in check.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Have you noticed that sometimes, when someone says to him that what he's insisting on having done, might not be approved? He says things like "Well, I think there will be a revolt".
    I think Mr. T seriously overestimates the depth, if not the breadth, of his support among the majority of his base. I suppose there are some crackpots who would be willing to take up arms to avenge der fuhrer, but I really think that after his downfall all but a tiny minority would scream and shout for half a day and then start looking around for another simulacrum for their rage. He's just entertainment as far as most of them are concerned, and his demise would cause no more lasting pain to them than their team losing the playoffs or their favorite being voted off the island. Voting for Trump was their way of sticking their thumb in the eye of the establishment, but the reality show is starting to get old.

Thread Information