No sugar beeakfast

I am collecting my best no sugar breakfast ideas, add what you like
    Cottage cheese with blueberries and cashews
    Scrambled eggs with veggies
    Bagel and cream cheese

Poached egg on toast with cheese

Peanut butter on sprouted wheat toast.
    Avocado and veggies on sprouted toast.
    Huevos rancheros (fried eggs on corn tortillas/salsa with a side of refried beans).
    Egg and potato tacos.
    Bean and cheese tacos.
    Kippers on toast.
    Look at menus of some of the higher end breakfast places for ideas (Urban Egg, First Watch etc)
    Scrambled eggs with arugula/or spinach, green onions and mushrooms.
    Greek yogurt with pears and sliced almonds.
    Omelet with goat cheese and veggies.
    Baked breakfast casserole (eggs, sausage, potatoes)

I start each day with oatmeal, homemade yogurt or Greek yogurt and fruit usually berries and tea. I find one thing that really works for taste, enjoyment, ease and access to ingredients and using that as the base, vary the options.
    What sugar-free breakfast do you really enjoy, like the taste of and find easy to prepare? Maybe you could try all the choices shared and report on your research

Greek yogurt, fruit, slice almonds and/or granola

Cheese omelette and buttered toast-sometimes pork sausage

Buckwheat pancakes-although I do put 1/4c honey in my batter. Does that count? Well geez, although I made my blackberry jam low sugar there is 1/2c in 3 pints. Strike out!

banana with nuts (eat a banana together with nuts - can be mixed nuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds etc.).
    Trees don't grow on money

Umm, depending on how you define "sugar", some of the items already on your list don't belong. Bagels (especially the huge ones now in vogue) are loaded with carbohydrates, mostly from bleached white flour, but sometimes from ingredients like raisins or flavorings, as well. Blueberries are very low in sugar for fruit (as are almost all berries) but are not "no-sugar".

Eggs, in all forms, are a fine no-sugar choice. If "lower-carbohydrate, no added sugar" is a better definition of what you're after, then whole grains (not just oatmeal but grains like bulghur and wheat berries and the like) can serve well for breakfast. Cheese or fish (smoked or canned) is a choice for some people, maybe served with whole-grain crackers or fruit.

Loosening the definition of breakfast can help, too. People in lots of places eat bean dishes or soups (with some protein in them) for their morning meal. All of those can be made low-/no-added sugar.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

When in Japan, I noticed and tried the breakfast which included salads, soups as well as helpings of pasta and rice. I rather enjoyed them as well.
    I have liked the mantra of eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper as a pauper.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Cheese omelette!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Umm, depending on how you define "sugar", some of the items already on your list don't belong. Bagels (especially the huge ones now in vogue) are loaded with carbohydrates, mostly from bleached white flour, but sometimes from ingredients like raisins or flavorings, as well. Blueberries are very low in sugar for fruit (as are almost all berries) but are not "no-sugar". ...
    It's worth noting that amylase in saliva immediately gets to work converting starch into glucose, so eating something starchy kind of defeats the purpose.

Thread Information