Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Best Deserts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your Best Deserts?

What is your favourite desert? I love to make a cheese cake with strawberries and watermelon on it. I use a melon baller so the watermelon are like balls and it looks perfect on the cake. what is your favourite desert?

I am not big on desserts and can make only basic cookies and things at that level. My faborite holiday dessert is cremme de menthe bars. They are a lovely mix of chocolate and mint.

i wish I could bake, but then, maybe I dont really want that. My friend who is a fab cook brought over a pound cake with lemon frosting. OMG! Wonderful! Commercial stuff is so very mediocre compared to scratch baking of things like this.

Yppej
    Maple sugar candy.

Good ole' chocolate chip cookies. Tollhouse or Nieman Marcus (much more work).

Haven't done desserts since we gave up sugar but I will make an exception for the Christmas cranberry pudding (steamed cake) with caramel sauce. If I was a dog I would roll in it.

Angel food cake with blueberries and cool whip.

Homemade ice cream made with real cream and a raspberry coulis swirled over it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I've made pretty good cheesecake and pumpkin custard in my Instant Pot, fruitcake and fudge (dark chocolate/orange, milk chocolate/macadamia/raisin) for Christmas gifts.

I'm another non-baker and non-dessert-eater, I'm afraid. I rarely have room for dessert at the end of a meal, but I do like a cookie or a piece of dark chocolate before bed. My favorite cookies are sugar cookies or fig newtons. I do like pie, but I never make it (except for Thanksgiving, when I make the pumpkin and mince pies because those pies aren't "must haves" to anyone but me.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I've found a perfect macarons recipe yesterday and I prepared it today and it's really great. This is the recipe https://my-kitchengadgets.com/blogs/...-of-mascarpone

Thread Information