Thread: I knew this was going to be a pain!

I knew this was going to be a pain!

I have never received my deposit back from my apartment. I have been avoiding this since I knew it was going to be a pain. I contacted them before and got a statement of move out charges, then they told me the address they sent the check to, one I had never heard of or lived at. I responded and got no answer.

I just called, the lady immediately said that the only reason would have been that I owe money. I don't owe money. Then she put me on hold. I ended up emailing them when I had been on hold for 7 minutes.

Oh dear lord, I just want the money back

I'm impressed you may even be getting one. I've never received back a deposit nor remember hearing of anyone getting one back.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I always got mine back when I rented. If I didn’t I would give it the personal touch by showing up in person.

I’ve always gotten mine back, except a small amount for legitimate damage to the carpet one time.

I’d research the state tenant laws to see what avenue is available for you. It may well require filing a small claims court lawsuit.

Yppej
    I got mine back except one time when I forfeited it to break a lease.

Well they called me and are sending me a new check, even rushed it will take a few weeks apparently. Good, I was rather pissed off.

I always get my deposits but I know some was taken because I didn't have time to clean.

Great news!

Okay I actually got it, earlier than expected since they said a couple weeks. It was made out to my son and I, so he signed it today and I deposited it. I put it in my regular checking because the last time I went to the credit union with a check like this I had to have my ex husband come in person to let me deposit or cash it. I will move over the money to my credit union money market on Friday.

Congratulations on that win!

Thread Information