Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice I'm glad I ignored

I was also told I was stupid for working for the state because I could make more money in the private sector. Now some people are jealous of our small pensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I was also told I was stupid for working for the state because I could make more money in the private sector. Now some people are jealous of our small pensions.
    I think pension envy will become a bigger factor in the social/political environment as the population ages. We’ll probably see it emerge as an issue the first time one of the big underfunded public plans asks for a bailout.

You should get a mortgage for all you can an invest in this video game with me (and others).
    The game was interesting, the movie a hit, the tv show a bigger hit, but the movie studio eventually kaboshed the project and played around long enough that I think it effectively embezzled all the money.

Yes pension envy is real and people that worked 30 years do get much better ones. Thankfully ours is decently funded. One benefit to ours is that we can take it before traditional retirement age. Recently our state made numerous changes for new employees and I am glad it doesn’t effect me.