Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Dec 2018 - Feb. 2019

So in reading this new book on our drive home she said you only have 2 piles. Throw away or donate. Everything else is too time consuming and leads to procrastination.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Not really. I am satisfied when it's done, but like hoarders, I'm not good at quick decisions and then I wind up with all these piles: throw away, give away, maybe keep, free cycle, ask kids if they want it, sell on Ebay.

It's overwhelming for someone who probably has adult ADD. That's how my house gets cluttered to begin with.

I do have one construction bag filled with old clothes that is going out on the curb tonight. I have a smaller bag of clothes that I'm going to log for an IRS deduction and then put aside for the pick-up I have an appointment for mid-month.
    I like getting rid of the crap because I can summon feelings of annoyance that they live in my space. This is MY space! You had better be beautiful or bring joy to me to live here! Here, I include “potentially be pretty” for all of the disparate items in my basement that could be used in dlower show exhibits.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You had better be beautiful or bring joy to me to live here!
    I love that attitude. Going forward I think I'm going to try to be ruthless about bringing things in, so I don't have to deal with them going out.

TT: Yes, I think I also better be more ruthless about the 2 pile rule.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have sold some stuff but I never procrastinate so that’s not a issue for me.

plus 2.5 hours, total 10 hours

Went through all cloth bags in house (carrying bags) and all notebooks. Reorganized stuff in notebooks and threw our five notebooks. Today have been going through books and clothes in bedroom; have contractor bag to go to Goodwill.

Yesterday I started filling trash cans. We get six can a week service, but we currently only have 4 cans available to load trash, so when I take everything up tonight, it will be the four cans plus one large black plastic bag containing nothing that will attract critters. My “clearing” goal for the day is to finish filling the cans.

Good job everyone! I need to take another look at my closet because I bought stuff this summer (clothes) and didn’t subtract things.

Sounds like everyone is doing well!
    I noticed this morning that I'm digging in my closets to find clothing I want to wear, which means there are a lot pieces that I go past. Need to evaluate those and do some thinning. For instance, I have short sleeved tees that are only good for wearing under a sweatshirt. Trouble is, when it's cold enough for 2 layers here, I need long sleeves under, not short. Time for those shirts to go.

Ok, the cans are up - one filled from our party and company, one filled in the shop by dh, and three (I emptied one I was using for storage in the barn to give us 5) filled by me from the house, garage, barn, and yard. I know I am supposed to be emptying the studio barn, but this “week” I have only been home for two days and I have been sick, so I went with low hanging fruit. Since we get six cans, I also tied shut a bag of insulation scraps and set it out.

30 minutes: purged a banker's box of old work papers.

2 hours total.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information