Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Dec 2018 - Feb. 2019

I eked out another 30 minutes yesterday on "hot spots" around the house.

New total: 2 hours.

CL, in your case I would just have a box for locations that are a ways and the last thing you could do is walk to that place and put everything away in the box. I like that she doesn’t recommend emptying your closet. Making a bigger mess never appealed to me. You can sign up for her free newsletter.

So, I spent almost three hours in the studio barn.

the back of my car is full of recycling to drop off tomorrow.
    i filled two trash cans.

i brought all the big keep items to where they needed to be, but I have two boxes of donate (one large and light, one small and heavy) in the studio, and I have a boot sized shoebox of things that belong in the house. I left it there because when I looked in it, it was such an assortment I did not want to deal with it.

Wow CL that’s awesome progress!

Wow, I really like that blog! "I adjust to my environment easily and quickly" and how that becomes a deterrent to decluttering was a big eye-opener for me. And I have experienced the exact same thing with "pulling it all out" - just today, in fact, tried to sort half of my closet, ended up shoving it all back in...

I like the blog too. I think it’s tomorrow that her kindle books go back up to full price so I bought the other one for 2.99. I already finished the one I bought from her.

I might try to get the books from the library. I’m not a kindle person. Also, a newsletter seems like one more thing right now, so I will stick with reading her blog a bit at a time until I finish the first nine years.

I like how she writes down what she has accomplished instead of focusing on what she plans to do.

in that spirit - here is what I accomplished before 9:00 this morning:
    made breakfast for two and cleaned up the kitchen (dh has lunch out today)
    got dressed
    Milking and chores
    ten items from the animal barn in the trash/donate or moved to a new and better location
    compost out
    dishwasher unloaded, loaded, and started
    washing machine started
    another bag of recycling in the car
    swim bag packed to exercise tonight
    carried 4 small items back to the house when I passed the studio barn after compost dumping.

i adjust to my environment quickly when it is crowded and messy, but it takes me much longer to feel comfortable when it is clean and spacious. I feel like I shouldn’t be in the space because I can’t do anything because I will mess it up.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

i adjust to my environment quickly when it is crowded and messy, but it takes me much longer to feel comfortable when it is clean and spacious. I feel like I shouldn’t be in the space because I can’t do anything because I will mess it up.
    That is funny because I am the opposite. Sometimes in the middle of a creative project I have to stop and clean up stuff, or at least I have to clean it up after one stage is complete, because all the clutter and mess distracts me in my creative process. I like a clean environment in which to work.

I am more like IL. I don’t have a kindle but just downloaded it to my phone and read it on that.

Feeling discouraged because I cannot work to my standards (also still tired from being sick and possibly still sick since teaching all day yesterday made my throat a little sore and my voice strained.)

however,
    things I accomplished before 9:00
    Made coffee
    started a fire and refilled the wood box
    Milking and chores - including an unpleasant extra task
    ten item pick up in animal barn
    made dh breakfast and packed his lunch
    dishwasher unloaded, loaded, and started
    load of laundry started
    one can of trash up to road
    checked mousetraps (empty)

Thread Information