Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Dec 2018 - Feb. 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Someone put my grandparents and my mom on Find a Grave with, pictures, Obit and other information. My sister just about had a coronary. Volunteers do the work. I thought it was cool but my sister wrote the volunteer and told her to get rid of it.
    I appreciate the FindAGrave work that volunteers do--it was so comforting to find pictures of headstones of relatives online. But I can see how your sister considered an unauthorized photo to be an invasion of privacy. Hmmm, I'm wondering about the legality of that? Are dead people in the public domain? I guess if your sister felt really strongly about it and they refused to take it down, she'd have to take the website to court, which of course it would never come to.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

+3 on photo project, new total 20.

Must buy two more albums.

+2 on photo world, plus got husband to start on his pictures from growing up. Total 22.

Am going to delay doing much more on family photos pre parental marriage, until they pass away. Plenty of time to work on it then, or can do more a little at a time.

All photos since parents' marriage, my parents and brothers and me growing up, are now in albums.

And best of all, all photos of last 36 years, since first marriage, are now all in albums. I figure I may find more photos somewhere, but will add them in proper albums at the time.

Now am starting the 2019 current album. I will be printing pics from phone and kids and will be labeling them at the time I put them in the new album. New album is purchased, labeled, and ready.

I am feeling a lot of relief about this.

Tybee: That is a great accomplishment! I haven't printed any photos for several years and my online photos are much more chaotic than my hard copy collection. I will need to tackle one of these days.

+1 on the new album, all caught up now. Went to sam's and printed out the pictures as they are 19 cents a picture. We can also get cartridges refilled there for the printer. I hope to save the cost of a year's membership with the printer cartridge refills, but it really bummed me out to spend 45 dollars for the year there. Pictures are 14 cents cheaper there for 4 by 6 print, so that will help. Printer cartridges are about 10-5 dollars cheaper.

New total 23 hours.

Two more hours today, so new total is 4.

I watched the first four episodes of Marie Kondo's new show on Netflix. Very inspiring!

This has been a pretty full week so far with evaluations and taking down and putting away the Christmas decorations (yes, normal people did that 3 weeks ago)

i talked to dh about the trash situation, because, once again, I can’t see how I can possibly fill 5-6 cans by Thursday night. He said I am doing great and as long as the insulation is gone (shout out early morning) from the garage (which is equal to three cans plus) and I empty all the little trash cans in the house and barn and take that up, he will be happy.

yesterday I didn’t do a “before 9” because dh was home all day for the holiday. But today I:
    took my vitamin
    made coffee
    ran the dishwasher
    made dh breakfast
    packed his lunch
    cleaned out the wood stove
    started a fire
    did my chores
    took out the compost
    unloaded the dishwasher
    made myself breakfast
    put all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher
    washed the pots and pans from last night
    packed my swim bag
    put away two loads of clean laundry

go me!

Chicken Lady: Wow, you sure get a lot done! Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but what are your chores if not all the things you have listed?

Morning Chores -
    milk goats, strain and cool milk, put bucket etc in dishwasher (or rinsed in sink if dishes are backed up)
    feed rabbit, chickens, and goats
    fresh water inc. wash water buckets/bottles if needed
    goats out weather permitting
    check gates/latches/doors

I’m a morning person, I get up at 5. Aside from going to work, 80-90% of what I am going to accomplish for the day happens by 9. Maybe 10.

since 9 I went to the store for feed and unloaded it, set three mouse traps, snacked, read stuff online, kept the fire going, made a phone call about a field trip, and emptied wastebaskets. (In 2.5 hours)

the rest of my day will be - drive to school, take care of some administrative tasks, teach one class, swim laps, drive home, eat, evening chores, and sit by the fire. I have fantasies about accomplishing some other stuff this evening, but history says I won’t.

I'll round it off and say 30 minutes, but it was really less than that, on finally purging a corner of the bedroom where I had stacked two nice roman blinds that needed to be installed. It was one of those chores that looked like it might be complicated, but when I read the instructions, and found a Phillips head screwdriver, it took me less than 20 minutes to clear that corner, install the new blinds, throw out all the nasty, dusty cheap vinyl slat blinds that have been piling up under the bed (I'd replace one and then say, "Oh, maybe the old one can be cleaned and re-used").
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information