Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Dec 2018 - Feb. 2019

I could not get rid of that one, either; your children are absolutely beautiful!

I think labeling is a waste of time because your kids will probably just take a few of the pictures that they want. All the years when the kids were growing up I put the pictures in albums. After they grew up I have some pictures that others took that are in a small shoebox. Now all the pictures I take are on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Now all the pictures I take are on my phone.
    I would still want to preserve hard copies of at least a few REALLY good pictures. I don't trust digital media to be accessible ad infinitum. One good cyber attack, or technological obsolescence (floppy disks, anyone?) and simply the fact that high tech often means low top-of-mind (you never "come across" old digital stuff in the course of your day)--and your photos disappear.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Of course you want to have hard copies of some photos. I have enough from the past. I envision when I die my kids will throw away the pictures of my grandparents because they never knew them.

Yes, I suspect that is what will happen with my albums, eventually. But I am doing my part. I have decided to stick a "comments note" on each page, sort of a placeholder. Then, as we go through and look at them, I can put in my two cents, and they can add what they remember.
    Obviously, this does not apply to pictures prior to their lives--those I have to label.

I just threw out a page this morning of photos I had copied and sent to my cousin. I think I know who the people are--my grandfather's nieces and nephews--but what was cool was the house, a Nebraska house built on the prairie, with one other house in the distance. I know this became a downtown, and so it had some historical interest.

But as I told my husband, I don't know for sure who they are or where they are, so out they go. (Plus I sent my cousin the original, and she can decide for herself.)

Anyway, +4 hours, new total 17

Right now, I am grateful for some distant cousin who has taken the time to load ancestor's pictures onto ancestry.com
    I found a picture of a great grandfather- and my brother looks just like him. My brother, who for all of his 52 years, my mother has said, "I've never known anyone who looks like him." The ancestor died before she was born!

Also, they took group pictures at the funerals over the years. No one looks happy, but many of us treasure those pictures.

Yes, I would not throw out that kind of unhappy photo, of course. I am talking about the one school photo where the child looks like they are having a bad day/bad year.
    I did not throw it out, but I prefer the sunny, happy photos.
    That's all I meant.

Oh, and I throw out ones where I look horrible. My album, my photo, my call.

Someone put my grandparents and my mom on Find a Grave with, pictures, Obit and other information. My sister just about had a coronary. Volunteers do the work. I thought it was cool but my sister wrote the volunteer and told her to get rid of it.

I am far from being able to deal with my photos, so I am impressed.

here is today’s “before 9”
    vitamin
    coffee
    fire
    breakfast for 2
    pack dh lunch
    start laundry
    chores
    ten minute barn tidy
    move goat into breeding pen
    move goat back out of breeding pen later
    finish two incomplete evaluations and submit one class. (It ticks me off that the evaluations have to be individually submitted through a multi step process that takes (I timed it) an average of 32 seconds per evaluation. Sounds quick right? Now multiply that by 93.

my before 9 seems to be slowly fading as the week progresses.

Thread Information