Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: Dec 2018 - Feb. 2019

I got all six cans up to the road.
    (I found an additional, broken can that was being used for storage - it holds about as much as the big black plastic trash bag I used last week.)
    In order to fill the last can, I added a really big piece of shaped styrofoam packaging. It took up half the can.

this is exhausting for me. I switch from being proud of myself to being sick to my stomach and appalled at all the trash. This is why I have to mostly do it on thursdays - so the whole process is over as quickly as possible and I don’t have to keep looking at the full cans. Even if I start to have regrets and rethink things - it doesn’t matter, because it is too late.

CL, You are so smart to get it all out on Thursday so it is GONE! Be very proud of every can because it is helping you have a clearer space. Looking back to why it is all there is futile. Try to get past that and just accept how much you are accomplishing this day.

Once you finish decluttering you won’t have as much garbage. Plus I would think that your animals and hobbies create garbage but that seems necessary to enjoy what you like to do. I think you are doing a great job.

I predict that once all of the construction trash is gone, you will have a lot more clear physical space, as well as clear mental space that it's occupying now, and it will feel good. I am amazed that you didn't have a debris box for the construction, and that you have space that you could actually keep it in until now.

I vividly remember my brother saying he had to make 2 dump runs before he could have cabinets delivered- then bemoaning the fact that he needed to make 2 more dump runs after he unpacked them.

I threw out a lot of the construction trash as it came in - it’s just the “trash” that seems like I should be able to recycle it or find a creative use for it.... the creative potential part is the hoarding genes coming out....

Most of the day to day animal/hobby garbage is small and easily tossed in a grocery store or gas station can (my week’s garbage takes up about the same space as the trash from a mom and two kids getting fast food) I finished tossing out all the accumulated large trash animal items like broken water buckets. There weren’t really that many.

I find it depressing to buy something small and have a ton of packaging so I guess it’s too big to steal. Ugh!

Still in baby step mode here.

One more hour today. New total: 2 hours.

Ejchase, even baby steps move you closer to your goal. Just keep trying to do something you can build on. An hour is good!

plus 1 hr, total 11 hours

Going through kitchen and bath remodel books and saving only the photos that appeal in my idea notebook. Culled five books for the Goodwill. Took old rose hips that I had sitting in the window to dry and potted up the seeds--gardening experiment.

EJ, I think you are undercounting--I was looking for my total on the thread and I think you were at two hours already on the 7th so aren't you at 3 hours now? Yay, you!

Yay Tybee!
    on weekends I sleep late, and on wed/fri I have to leave the house by 8, but i’m going to try to keep up with my “what I did before 9:00”s for m/tu/th.
    so:
    Took my vitamin
    made coffee
    restarted the fire
    yoga
    one load of laundry washed, dried, and put away
    made breakfast for 2
    packed dh lunch
    put all the dishes in the dishwasher
    chores
    ten minute tidy in animal barn
    got a load of firewood (didn’t fill the box because the wheelbarrow won’t push through the snow, so i’m bringing it in by the armload today)
    checked mouse traps (they are in the studio. They remain empty, so I think the mouse nest I found in the box of wood scraps must have been old.)
    set up my “desk” to work by the fire

My “desk” is actually an old coffee table. I am fond of it, and I like to work sitting on the floor with my knees under the table. Dh hates coffee tables. After extensive discussion he has grudgingly acknowledged that I work much more efficiently with my chosen set up. I accept that he doesn’t want a coffee table piled with school work in his living space. The compromise is that he has ordered me an attractive folding Japanese table and once it arrives, I agree not to leave it set up while he is home unless I am actually working on it (Monday overnight to Tuesday morning or Wednesday overnight to Thursday morning being potential exceptions if I have a project underway)

Thread Information