Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blizzard In New Mexico!

The blizzards I have been in are not in areas I could walk to any stores. However as a kid in the 70's I loved the big one in Michigan. I think my mom cried when the radio announced the closing of schools. We dug a trench between our house and the neighbor so we could do sleepovers.

It got down to 5 degrees last night...bbbbbrrrr! I've had all the faucets dripping since last night. I think I'll open the gallery today since I got the deck and stairs cleaned off, and most of my driveway is done. I highly doubt I will get any business today but the sun is shining brightly and the highway is passable but hard-packed ice. I am still not going to drive my Honda Sedan down the mountain any time soon.

ZG, I remember those crazy snowstorms in the '70's back in Michigan - one storm left a 15 foot high snow drift behind the elementary school and boy, we had fun with that! Another time, the me and the other neighborhood kids were building snowmen, and one kid wanted to make the biggest one so we just kept rolling a ball all over the neighborhood until it took six or seven kids to push it. It ended up on the neighbor's front lawn, six feet tall by then, so we dug out the center and made a snow cave and then added steps going to the top. he last of it didn't melt until late April!

Got to 8 here last night and a light powdering of snow. Already 35 and melting with lots of sunshine. The weather here is so interesting.

Our highs are not quite reaching 60 and we feel cold. Phoenix is an anomaly this time of year.

We have another winter storm warning! This evening through all day NewYear's Day, another 3 - 10 inches possible! It just all depends on which little valley one lives in up here - last storm Madrid got pretty walloped but down the mountains and towards Santa Fe it wasn't as bad. This time SF is expected to get another 8 inches. I got to town yesterday to stock up on more food and water, and to try to find a better snow shovel but all the stores are sold out.

I am looking forward to tonight and tomorrow - I am going down to the local bar for happy hour and then me and the boyfriend are going to watch a movie tonight (providing the internet isn't too slow) and eat some ice cream. And I plan to go to bed before midnight. I'm not much into the holidays anymore. Then tomorrow is going to be a "me" day, contemplating the goals for the new year and wrapping up paperwork, cleaning and purging unneeded stuff, and general regrouping.

Wow! I had no idea you had such harsh Winters in NM. It must be so beautiful!

My DH is from Pueblo CO, not so far away, and it's pretty mild.

As far as I know, it is not a usual occurrence. This is my third winter here and the most snow I have seen. Last year we had virtually no precipitation from October until last July, so we desperately need the moisture coming from all this snow to seep way underground to replenish the wells.

The snow has been falling gently for the past hour.

Going to minus zero here in Colorado Springs tonight. But very little snow so far.

Woke up to a brand new of drifts on the decks just outside my doors. It is very windy and the fine powder is swirling all around, the roads as far as I can tell are really bad. The people that live off the grid around are marooned yet again, unable to leave their places...I am glad I live right on the state highway.

Today is a cozy, stay-home day in which I will putz around cleaning, organizing and regrouping my thoughts regarding my goals for the year.

Oh look, the sun is trying to peak out between the swirling snow! Beautiful!

Pinky toe, i was in colorado springs for retreat the last few days, brrr. Our meditation space is a nice convertedto garage with a wood stove. I could walk to garden of the gods and had an hour hike every day but today.

Also one of my friends drove up from New Mexico! When she wanted to get a hotel there were no rooms, so she took a nap and pushed on.

Thread Information