Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard In New Mexico!

Blizzard In New Mexico!

Wow, have we got walloped up here in the mountains! Second snowstorm in as many days, much colder so it is slightly-easier-to-deal-with powder but I opened my side door this morning to a two foot snowdrift against it.

Luckily, we were fairly forewarned and my boyfriend stopped at the grocery store on the way home from Albuquerque after work yesterday to pick up some fresh veggies so we can make good meals while we are snowed in. The gallery is closed today, as is every other place in Madrid, except the general store, which is only 120 steps from my place.

I am warm and dry, have drinking water and food, so I am going to completely enjoy our snow day!

Wow! Very strange, but glad you're prepared! In NJ we are getting rain, and it's an also unseasonably 60 degrees.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Nothing better than having no place to go, a loving companion, good food, and a blizzard raging outside!

The desert will love all that moisture, won't it? Glad that you are secure and comfy.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Meanwhile--and I hope I don't jinx it--we're having the mildest winter imaginable.

And you know real snow from living in Michigan!

I heard about the snow, seems like a lot for NM. My only NM friend (other than you) is out of state. There is something cozy about being snowed in.

My parents were stopped while driving home to Iowa and had to spend the night mid-Nebraska. I think they are okay driving the rest of the way, they drive it a lot and know when to stop.

My cousin in Ruidoso said same - historic for them.

One NY eve we got a huge snowstorm which was unusual. You couldn’t drive anywhere. We walked 2 miles to a restaurant for a leisurely meal and walked right down the middle of the street. Then walked home. It was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    One NY eve we got a huge snowstorm which was unusual. You couldn’t drive anywhere. We walked 2 miles to a restaurant for a leisurely meal and walked right down the middle of the street. Then walked home. It was fun.
    That does sound like fun. Nothing like the silence of a snowfall.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I was in Philly in a blizzard once. So fun walking around the convention area to see who still had any food left. Crazy few days!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information