Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So.....what's your take, will the Border Wall be built and/or......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

So.....what's your take, will the Border Wall be built and/or......

will the US/Mexico border be closed?

I realize that most posters here don't live in a border state and that I am likely the only poster here from my infamous zip code. Granted. Here in Arizona and even more so in my zip code, this issue is A VERY BIG DEAL. Moreso even than that schmuck judge in Texas striking down the ACA. What do you think will happen here? It seems to be a perfect storm with neither side willing to blink and who knows how many American lives hanging in the balance should be border in fact be sealed due to the thousands and thousands of Americans forced to flee to Mexico for health care due to affordability issues in the United States slash America could care less if you live or die as your life is not worth socialized medicine here.

I don't know what's going to happen but I am afraid, very afraid, and I don't see this ending well for everyday people. But enough about what I think.....I posted this to find out what others think about this issue.......Rob

I think every country has the right to secure their borders in order to control who enters. The Democrats in Congress thought so too as recently as two years ago but had to change their mind in order to 'resist'. They've authorized more money to build sound dampening walls between federal highways and residential areas than they're willing to spend on a secure border. Politics is a funny business, I'd not spend too much time worrying about it if I were you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I think its unlikely the border will really be closed- I think its an idle threat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.78c8fb8ad7f4

I don't see it happening. I don't think it is even legally possible for Trump to do so.

And I live right on the US border. In the 98245.

It isn’t going to happen.

The ACA “strikedown” is a non event.

Why is this topic in this forum?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Crossing the border for health care is a religious issue for some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Fair question, Steve in MN. I goofed and picked the wrong forum to post this topic in - if Alan is around, could you please move this thread to Simple Politics? Sorry for the error......burnt out on a lot of overtime and catching up with my life during the lull I have until around January 12th. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Crossing the border for health care is a religious issue for some folks.
    Indeed to some of us in the 85006 crossing the border for health care does equate with religion (in a way). Regardless, Bae, if interested please read my above explanation and note that I have asked Alan to move this thread to Simple Politics. This really was just an error on my part. Rob

Thread Information