Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So.....what's your take, will the Border Wall be built and/or......

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    5Should I ever have the misfortune of a cancer diagnosis, I would leave the US For healthcare in a heartbeat. Literally without thinking twice. I already have money saved for such an event.....maybe not for full cancer treatment elsewhere but fleeing money and extra for the beginnings of treatment. 7 percent of what I am able to save goes to a separate savings account for this purpose.....and I have a fairly secure job at the moment with for America, not too shabby of an insurance plan. The only problem is I know the dark side of America and can and will never trust this country. Hence such a savings account.

Getting to your post, TT, I could not agree with you more. We truly need Medicare for all - or we need to as a nation publicly admit to the world and to all our citizens that America does not work well for all it's citizens and we need to set up some sort of program/scheme where we have socialized procedures at a much lower cost to the US government outside of this country. America will never admit this, our citizens lives are not worth this in America........but at least more people are waking up to what the two of us are posting about due to employer subsidized healthcare being slowly phased out year after year. Rob
    Im curious on which countryís you have lined up for your life saving cancer treatments? How much would you need? Why bother going unless you have enough for the full treatment? Do other countryís pay for non citizens cancer treatments?

Since you have insurance now, what are you afraid of?

And again, why are you still here?

If my DIL had been living in Poland when she got her huge brain tumor she would have died. They donít have the skill to do the surgery.

Like bae, I live in a border state, but no one is trying to build a wall between Canada and New Hampshire.

I think we need a strong border. I'm not convinced that a wall across the entire southern boundary of the US is the way to achieve that.

There are places where a wall/fence/slats make sense. And there are places where it doesn't.

There are a number of US citizens who own land on the border who would have their access to their own land cut off or made difficult by the type of wall that the president wants. I think their rights to, you know, use their own land need to be taken into consideration. Other landowners will have their lands taken over by the government. I think their voices ought to be heard as well.

We have laws on the books that aren't fully enforced. Maybe we should look into that.

We have tons of new technology that might be used to help secure the border. Maybe we should look into that. We have technologies that might help stem the flow of drugs--most of which come through border points of entry, not over the miles of wilderness where the wall would be built. Maybe we should look into that.

Solid walls will affect the migration of many animals. That needs to be taken into consideration as well.

But one of the best ways to "secure" the border would be to help the countries these people are trying to escape from, so that they do not see the need to leave their homes and make a dangerous journey. But current policies seem to be about cutting aid to these countries.

I think the current mess will end with a token amount of money authorized for a bit more wall. But the solution to the problem is not just building a wall, but a more nuanced look at the problem and *all* the possible solutions.

A wall is a stupid waste of money! Most drugs come over the border in cars.

+1, Miss Cellaneous.
    Americans don't like to acknowledge our country's role in the disruption of Central and South American countries because of our insatiable appetite for their drugs. And finally, we don't like to admit that our interference in their country's internal politics has also played a role in those countries which led to their current state.

Interesting factoid: To date, the small country of Jordan has accepted about 1.4 million Syrian refugees. The U.S. has accepted about 18,000.

My wish is for leaders to start with the facts and make policy from there, but I'm afraid whipping people into a frenzy about the brown horde is just too convenient.

Besides the never-happening wall being a silly waste of money that won't accomplish anything I find it ironic that trump is all foaming at the mouth over undocumented immigrants when management at his NJ country club helped workers obtain fake documents to be able to work there. I imagine over the coming months we'll learn that trump himself was aware of, and approved, these activities.

I realize trump would just call this fake news if someone on fox "news" read it to him, but I don't think Nancy has anything to worry about by standing strong on this. She's got solid backing from the voters. And once the new congress starts sending reasonable spending bills to the senate that either die there or get vetoed by the president he's only going to look weaker and weaker and more like the lousy negotiator that he actually is.

https://americasvoice.org/press_rele...-of-americans/

Does he even realize how sad and pathetic he looks? Someone with such extravagantly fake hair should not surround himself with so many pointless bald guys. I realize that 30% of the voters will proudly follow him off the cliff but thatís not enough to either accomplish anything in the next two years or get re-elected. That wall is getting further and further away from the grasp of his tiny tiny hands. It would be sad but for the fact that he inspires approximately zero empathy from anyone who actually is capable of exhibiting empathy.

Thread Information