Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So.....what's your take, will the Border Wall be built and/or......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The ACA “strikedown” is a non event.
    No snark here, IL....I'm just trying to understand. Kicking hundreds of thousands of working poor off Expanded Medicaid and terminating ACA plans for those who don't qualify for Expanded Medicaid, such as for self employed folks....how do you see such as a non-event? Were immigrating to another country easier, this issue would be enough to have Americans fleeing to Washington DC to try their luck at residency in a country where human life is actually worth socialized medicine. I - and those many people I know in the neighborhood and in the 85006 - believe this is a HUGE issue and it's not going anywhere.........Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It isn’t going to happen.
    TT, I hope with all my heart you are right. Rob

I think the wall is a political non-starter. The Republicans are worried that it won't work and the Democrats are afraid that it will.

We need Medicare for all. I am so sick of the fact that if you don’t have money you won’t get a transplant or cancer treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    No snark here, IL....I'm just trying to understand. Kicking hundreds of thousands of working poor off Expanded Medicaid and terminating ACA plans for those who don't qualify for Expanded Medicaid, such as for self employed folks....how do you see such as a non-event? Were immigrating to another country easier, this issue would be enough to have Americans fleeing to Washington DC to try their luck at residency in a country where human life is actually worth socialized medicine. I - and those many people I know in the neighborhood and in the 85006 - believe this is a HUGE issue and it's not going anywhere.........Rob
    Sigh.

The ACA has not been struckdown, closed, over turned, nullified, whatever you want to call it.

But I doubt I will be engaging further with you on this topic.

Williamsmith
    The Wall ...is a symbol for Nationalists, an icon for a cause, logistically, economically, legally, and culturally an illusion. Just like Mexico paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Came back to make my post more clear - the thing about going to Washington DC? This is where foreign countries have their embassies to the US - hence the idea to go there to try to residency elsewhere due to the ACA falling apart. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Sigh.

The ACA has not been struckdown, closed, over turned, nullified, whatever you want to call it.

But I doubt I will be engaging further with you on this topic.
    I've often believed one way to cover everyone in America with some type of health care? Have enough people who are secure with their current coverage suddenly lose it out of nowhere - but to have this happen to millions of people on the same day with all these fairly secure people learning the truth about America.......Maybe not revolution would then transpire but America would never be the same again with that many more people suddenly woken up to the truth about America. And I could truly see this happening in my lifetime - for a reference point, I'm fifty two years old. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We need Medicare for all. I am so sick of the fact that if you don’t have money you won’t get a transplant or cancer treatment.
    Should I ever have the misfortune of a cancer diagnosis, I would leave the US For healthcare in a heartbeat. Literally without thinking twice. I already have money saved for such an event.....maybe not for full cancer treatment elsewhere but fleeing money and extra for the beginnings of treatment. 7 percent of what I am able to save goes to a separate savings account for this purpose.....and I have a fairly secure job at the moment with for America, not too shabby of an insurance plan. The only problem is I know the dark side of America and can and will never trust this country. Hence such a savings account.

Getting to your post, TT, I could not agree with you more. We truly need Medicare for all - or we need to as a nation publicly admit to the world and to all our citizens that America does not work well for all it's citizens and we need to set up some sort of program/scheme where we have socialized procedures at a much lower cost to the US government outside of this country. America will never admit this, our citizens lives are not worth this in America........but at least more people are waking up to what the two of us are posting about due to employer subsidized healthcare being slowly phased out year after year. Rob

So Robs America is a terrible place, yet we have millions that are here illegally, and thousands more are trying to enter. Don’t they read Robs post?

The 85006 needs to head down to the border and warn those that are trying to enter, the true fact of the America that Rob knows. They can have rallies in Mexico and distribute this info and save all those a lot of trouble and expense.

Or is Rob worried that the border wall, fence, or whatever it’s called is to keep him in?

Thread Information