Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What one thing would you most like to see happen in 2019?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I would like to see a law that requires everybody who ever reneged on a vow to leave the country to be deported to Saskatoon. And then funding provided for a big beautiful wall on the Canadian border to keep them from slithering back in.
    Living in Sasakatoon would be a definite citizenship upgrade and I've always liked Saskatchewan license plates so I'm 100% down with your post, LDAHL if it's directed towards yours truly. No offense taken but mucho agreement. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Why are you picking on Saskatoon of all the places in the world where millions of migrants are on the move? When do migrants slither? Is this your version of dry humour for a New Year's wish?
    I wasn’t thinking of real migrants. I was thinking of all those imaginary migrants, particularly of the celebrity variety, who swear they will flee the country and then never make good in the promise. Why get our hopes up only to dash them?

I have nothing personal against Saskatoon; they would just be innocent collateral damage under my scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Living in Sasakatoon would be a definite citizenship upgrade and I've always liked Saskatchewan license plates so I'm 100% down with your post, LDAHL if it's directed towards yours truly. No offense taken but mucho agreement. Rob
    I was thinking more of blowhard celebrity types who never intend to honor their word. I think your convictions are genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I was thinking more of blowhard celebrity types who never intend to honor their word. I think your convictions are genuine.
    Thank You, LDAHL. I'm sorry I misunderstood the intended audience of your post. Rob

I'd like to see my legal business with my soon-to-be-ex- wife finished up, so I can move on with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Thank You, LDAHL. I'm sorry I misunderstood the intended audience of your post. Rob
    Rob - if you decide Canada is the way, I'd encourage you to look at BC - it's really glorious, multi-cultural, and the people are friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Rob - if you decide Canada is the way, I'd encourage you to look at BC - it's really glorious, multi-cultural, and the people are friendly.
    Well, who WOULDNT want to live in BC? It doesnt need pimpin’.
    Bloody damn expensive, and oh yeah, they want a significant amoint of assets cor their typical American immgrant over 50.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well, who WOULDNT want to live in BC? It doesnt need pimpin’.
    Bloody damn expensive, and oh yeah, they want a significant amoint of assets cor their typical American immgrant over 50.
    BC, which I have visited several times, is wonderful, truly beautiful and pricey as IL mentions and the maritimes on the east coast are more modestly priced as well as beautiful but give me Ontario every time. I have driven from one side of Canada to the other; I hope to go north to touch the waters there.
    Don't you think that we all have a favourite part of our country?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Maybe it’s the people or maybe just my own sensibilities, but I prefer the more austere beauty of Newfoundland or NS to to the gentrified charms of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'd like to see my legal business with my soon-to-be-ex- wife finished up, so I can move on with my life.
    Bae, for what it's worth I'm sorry - I did not know you were divorcing. Does not sound like fun and I'm sorry anyone has to go through that. Rob

Thread Information