Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: January Frugals

Danna, I had cataract surgery last year on both eyes and it worked out great.

Jan 12th,13th,14th,15th,16th & 17th
    --Wow six days and I have only been out a couple of times...once for eye check up and
    everything is great. Took the bus and was able to use transfer for trip back.
    Only one ticket and no hospital parking.
    Was not suppose to wash hair for a week but used a dry shampoo Dd got free
    with a coupon...love free
    --been entertaining myself with library books, tv, and even a little sewing. All free!
    --Dd has pickup a few groceries but, only spent unde $20.00. We are eating down
    the extras bought for the holidays and the pantry/freezer. They are not as bad as
    they have been in the past, so that is a good thing.
    --Made a batch of applesauce with a package of mixed apples bought on a mark down.
    Did it in the Instant Pot...cored but left skins on and it was very nice.

I love listening to free podcasts. At one point when I had a surgery, I listened non-stop to books on Project Gutenberg. Not only were they free, I was also happy to have a voice around me(even if it was an unknown person!) while I was recuperating. Since high school I used to write down the names of books I wanted to read and the movies I wanted to watch in little rectangles of paper. Over time storing them became a nuisance and more importantly I forgot the names at the bottom of the jar. I migrated to virtual flash cards (which is free) and slowly started adding more information. Over the years I've learnt a lot more about the movie/book that I want to watch/read. This in turn has opened up interesting new worlds!

Zoey,
    thanks for the link to virtual flash cards. Looks interesting and I plan to explore it more.

Yppej
    I am checking the oil tank regularly. I still have over half a tank and would like to make it to February since I paid quarterly real estate taxes this month and that is always a big hit to the budget.

Thread Information