Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) vehicle purchase coming in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rosa, if you’ve not had any transmission issues so far, I doubt you’ll have any. From everything I’ve read, the problems showed up by 25K miles or so. I think mine showed up around that point.
    I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    At one time The Escape was the most sold vehicle in America. That may still be true, not sure. There will be complaints that come to your ears because there are more of them on the road than anything else.
    We have a lot of escapes in our family. Pretty ok car and the storage is great plus it's 4 wheel drive. I've had issues with mine but it's an '09 model and I blame the bad economy at the time for it's problems. Plus it's red. I always liked red until I got this red escape and I see 14 other red escapes every single day in my town of 10,000.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I found a great deal on a 2018 Escape. $18K. Going to look at it tomorrow.

I found a great deal on a 2018 Escape. $18K. Going to look at it tomorrow.
    Let us know what you think. I drove my mom's '18 to NM and again to OK this past year and I really liked it. The back up camera was small and not something I'm used to using....it didn't prevent me from backing into a tree with it over christmas! She's getting a new rear door and bumper out of that!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Wow. Do I love it! It’s nicknamed the Scuba Sherpa. . Silver 2018 Escape with black interior. NEW. I got it for the same price as I paid for my Focus in 2014! I did get the extended warranty. With the amount I drive it’s well worth it. Also covers tires and even keys.

The WeatherTech factory store is near my dive shop. I’m going to get the lipped mat for the cargo area, necessary with the diving gear and better rubber mats.

Congratulations, Tradd!

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Let us know what you think. I drove my mom's '18 to NM and again to OK this past year and I really liked it. The back up camera was small and not something I'm used to using....it didn't prevent me from backing into a tree with it over christmas! She's getting a new rear door and bumper out of that!
    Oops! Backup camera takes some getting used to. Never had one before.

It’s very comfortable. Love sitting up higher! It’s annoying - the low tire pressure inflator went off on the way home. Hadn’t done that on the test drive. I stopped at a gas station and all tires looked fine. It was 9 pm so I just went home and I’m sure it will be fine. I’m leaving for work in a few.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Many happy miles...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Oops! Backup camera takes some getting used to. Never had one before.

It’s very comfortable. Love sitting up higher! It’s annoying - the low tire pressure inflator went off on the way home. Hadn’t done that on the test drive. I stopped at a gas station and all tires looked fine. It was 9 pm so I just went home and I’m sure it will be fine. I’m leaving for work in a few.
    The tire sensors can be an issue. Mine is currently on. When I bought it, it was going off and ford replaced it so I would definitely ask about having them check the sensors. Very handy for when you do hit a nail but annoying when they go faulty.

Thread Information