Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 (more or less) week plan

You all are doing great. CL, you are always too hard on yourself.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    It’s really sweet of him to let me keep my tree.
    It's your house too. Why wouldn't you be able to do what you want?

Because there are 2 of them so compromises are necessary. I wouldn’t want a tree up for 2 months. In any good relationship you have to compromise in order for both people to be happy. The tree staying up was a gift to her which is sweet.

Yppej
    The way this reads though is that he has greater rights to what he wants than she does. Imagine Congress and the President agree to end the shutdown. Would you say one side is sweet and magnaminous for compromising?

I had agreed to take it down.

you know, sort of like if you said you were going to sign a bill and then you didn’t?

I’d be happy if the government comprised and ended the shutdown. Marriage is not 50/50. Sometimes it’s 90/10 which is fine as long as the person getting 90 changes.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I’d be happy if the government comprised
    Were comprised of what?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I’d be happy if the government comprised and ended the shutdown. Marriage is not 50/50. Sometimes it’s 90/10 which is fine as long as the person getting 90 changes.
    Or as long as it isn't always the same partner who is getting the 90%. I think it is OK to take turns.

Compromised.

I hear you about the tree, CL. I love Christmas trees and really don't like taking them down, but we do try to get them out before they turn brown. I feel bereft for several days, and the living room looks very stark and empty (which it isn't - quite the opposite! ). I don't usually take down the lights on the porch until they start to fail, which is generally mid-spring. I do bring in Bob the Minion and change the santa wreath to something else - a heart, a plain grapevine wreath.... but I've not done that yet, and everything is covered in ice today - so sparkly and beautiful!! - so I'm not doing it today, either.

Seems to me you are accomplishing a lot, and many of those things take time - yoga, swimming, filling 5 trash cans weekly! You can't create more hours in a day. I know. I've tried, lol!

Thread Information