Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 (more or less) week plan

4 (more or less) week plan

So, working around the points of the year is really working for me. The next is imbolc, which is more or less 4 weeks, depending on wether you mark it at the astronomical point or traditional (St.) Brigid’s day.

my goals -

Home:
    put away Christmas decorations
    fill the 5 trash cans every week unless it takes more than an hour of sorting and organizing per can (I may run out of trash, and 5 hours a week is enough work)

Work:
    turn in my class proposals for for next year (due Jan 15)
    finish my 1st semester evaluations (Due Jan 28)
    catch up on grading and get two weeks ahead (stretch goal) on lesson plans

Health
    return to swimming 2x a week
    do more yoga
    plan and eat healthy food
    make doctor’s appointment

garden/yard/barn
    include these spaces in the trash hunt
    plan and order plants and seeds

pottery
    clean and organize studio during trash hunt
    wedge every week
    throw every week

there are other things I want to work on, but these are the core.

I have had two successful trash pick ups of SIX cans or the equivalent (big black trash bag)
    dh told me I didn’t have to start taking the Christmas decorations down until today (he knows I love Christmas decorations)

Made some progress on grading and had some conversations to help me choose which classes to include in my proposal

swam and did yoga as planned
    ate a bunch of vegetables and snacked less, but didn’t do any actual meal planning

Cleaned up one area in the yard,
    starting to see a difference in the animal barn

started cleaning and organizing studio

three more weeks.

Wow, you have accomplished a lot. I vaguely remember a time when I was organized and had lots of energy, but it's been quite a while ago. We've improved our eating habits, and I'm trying to address some sleep issues. I thought this would make me feel better, but so far, not so much. Not that I feel really bad, just not really good, either. Anyway, congrats on your goal-work. Working on new habits (or returning to them) can be difficult - for me, anyway!

Two words - blood work.

it’s my new soap box since I can’t believe how big a difference one tiny iron pill a day makes in my life - or how long I let it go and how bad I let it get.

i was never organized. My father used to say the glory of a mispent youth was that middle age looks pretty good.

Turned in my class proposals.

put away all the Christmas stuff from upstairs, bedrooms, bathrooms, dining porch, den, and kitchen.

still have a tree, a train, and a few outdoor decorations (we have 8 inches of snow - I am not setting up a ladder in 8 inches of snow to get three bows and a wreath off the top of the garage.)

i told dh I would clean up the tree and train tomorrow. He said I can just do the train and keep the tree until Saturday! I love this Christmas tree. It is 11’ tall and it has all of my ornaments on it at once, and it is just so pretty! January is so hard. It’s really sweet of him to let me keep my tree.

Train us put away.
    12 of 93 evaluations are done.
    did a longer yoga session this morning.
    made my Dr. appointment.

3 yoga, including the longer one on Monday, 2 swim. Discussed adding a weekend yoga with dh but we haven’t figured out where it fits.

Got six cans up this week

have done 46 of the 93 evaluations

Most of what was in the cans came from the pottery studio area

that’s it for this week.

You always impress me, i am still writing my new years cards!

I did finish one hat, start a comission hat, am testing the pattern for the fingerless gloves by doing the second one and planning to teach a couple bours next sunday.

I also did the 2 hour board meeting and made a preliminary treasurer report. I should get a template of what we have used before to really follow up. Apparently in the chaos of the Santa Rosa fires some things were lost.

What i need to do today and tomorrow
    10K steps for a challenge this week.
    New years cards
    Donor letters for the non proft
    Dental appointment tomorrow

You two are moving ahead marvelously! I've been focused on writing activities but the house is not doing so well! computer desk is tidy and my goal today is to organize passwords....my bane of existence in the tech world. I did sign in to all the financial places to check up and make sure the password still works. Tax papers loom. But I did set it up last year and have maintained it, so it should go quickly. The big thing for me is I made phone calls to people I love and that I put off. My goal this year is to keep contact beyond email. Use the PHONE and TALK. So, we'll see how long it continues.

Thanks Zoe Girl and nswef,

when i I look at that, I mostly see that I haven’t touched clay outside of class. That I haven’t done any menu panning. That i’m Still planning lessons at the last minute, and that evaluations would be a whole lot easier if I had kept up with grading.

The exercise is supposed to make me feel better and have more energy, but I feel like half the time it just makes me more tired.

i feel like I keep lowering my expectations and still not meeting them, and I can’t see much progress.

zoe girl, you work a lot more hours than I do.

nswef, it sounds to me like you gave your priorities in order.

Thread Information