Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 (more or less) week plan

CL, can others join in with 4 week plans? What week are you on?

For sure!

um, week 3? My next astronomical point in the year is February 3rd, but st. Brigid’s/candlemasss is the 1st and Imbolc hits the 1st or 2nd this year depending on your longitude. So I will try to make my next plan some time that weekend. And it will be a 6-7 week plan to get me to the equinox. People with other rhythms or holidays are welcome to make shorter or longer ones (lent, Passover, Easter, calendar months, academic quarters....)

Okay I will plan a sort plan and then join you around the atart of your next six week plan to the spring equinox

The Christmas decorations are mostly put away. - there are 2 sets of lights in the house that are just white and always stay out at least until valentines. One stayed up all year last year. It’s around the ceiling of the dining porch- works for summer too.... and there are three outdoor bows that blew down into the mud and I want to see if I can clean them.

i only put up one can of trash this week, but I passed on 3.5 big bags of insulation. Dh said it was good progress.

class proposals and evaluations are done. I have 9 papers to grade from yesterday and have not done most of next week’s lesson plans yet.

we did an extra long yoga on Sunday and skipped Monday, regular on w/f, and I swam twice this week.
    i also planned, cooked, and ate one healthy meal.

my dr. Appointment is Monday.

my yard has been pretty much under snow all week and I have barely thought about the garden. I cleaned up a small amount of barn stuff.

i cleaned off a small counter in the studio, but have not done any wedging or throwing. Today I signed up for a free continuing Ed workshop next weekend to try to jumpstart myself.

CL, your steady progress will get you the results you seek.
    I know you are relieved to have class proposals and evaluations done.

Did you run out of trash, or you needed to spend that 5 hours on schoolwork?
    Sounds like you got all the low hanging fruit/trash in the first 3 weeks. Good work!

I did not run out of trash, but I ran out of areas that have a lot of trash, or easily accessible trash (for example - there are two more broken buckets in my garage, but there are plants in them. There is shredded black plastic in the yard, but it is covered in snow...)

and, I used the time for a lot of things, but it was the big increase in school load that really set me back. I could have given up swim time, or put off laundry, or spent less time reading... but I prioritized exercise and housework, and a chance to rest and recharge, so I only worked for about 1/2 hour. This week should be better. I’m hoping dh will work WITH me eventually. There are workshop areas that also need purging.

Okay, here is my one week plan to get me to feb 1--then new plan to follow:

Finish organizing family letters and rebox in something plastic to guard against future mice.

Teaching: regular grading and teaching for two classes; revise one discussion board for future weeks, using available videos on youtube.

Shed organization: Take one box a day in from shed, cull through, repack with notes for possible movie.

Diet: substitute a protein shake for one meal a day.

The bows are washed and put away.

only one can up again this week - it was too cold to go out to the barn during most of my available time. But today I used my snow day to work 4 hours and filled 2/3 of a can plus nearly as much recycling.

still have not done any clay work - my workshop is tomorrow.

i am caught up on grading and have lesson plans for half of next week. After tomorrow I expect to have lesson plans for all of next week.

Only two yogas and one swim this week because if weather and uncooperative dh. My bloodwork from the doctor came back good. I’ve been eating “what’s in the fridge” not bad, but not great.

no yard or barn work except getting firewood due to weather. No garden planning due to other focuses.

i have my workshop tomorrow and my heartgrandson all day Sunday, so I will post my new plan Sunday night or Monday morning. Anyone who wants to start a new thread before that, feel free!

Thread Information