Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping up with fashion

I don't know many people who would take fashion advice from me, but i do get a few compliments. I focus on colors that look good on me, fits that are flattering, and not super trendy. If the color and fit are good you do tend to look good.

And i threw away every turtleneck when i moved away from Michigan. Hate things touching my neck

I care mostly about looking nice for work, call it "spending money you don't have, on things you don't need, to impress people you don't like, because your survival may depend on it". It would be less important otherwise but I guess I also like to look nice in general (and do, never a head-turner mind you). I wear colors that look good on me (I'm Fall colors). I don't care about what is in fashion though.
    Trees don't grow on money

I didn't know turtlenecks were out. What about boot cut jeans?

Yppej
    Most people at work look like clones of each other in usually black leggings. Per the dress code you can't wear nice dark wash jeans but people can wear these tight leggings that let every bulge show. I am wearing my out of style loose pants and don't care. I am going to wear them until they wear out because I never wear dress pants on my own time. I bought them for the stupid dress code and I am going to get my money's worth out of them.

I dislike shopping but really hate clothes shopping! I don't have the patience for it. Fortunately, I work in a building that is part offices and part warehouse. I never know if I'll be called to work in the warehouse or not, so my clothing is pretty "casual" to say the least. I'm dressed up if I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Ugh, hate turtlenecks. Just strangle me whydoncha! Haha. Cowl necks are pretty but out of fashion now and I can stand those.
    My favorite neckline is V-neck. My favorite t shirt is a V-neck stretchy cotton 3/4 sleeve piece. Hard to find such specificity at the thrift stores.

I dont buy my core basic peices at the thrift store, jeans are Ross or TJMaxx. Plain knit shirts are Target when they have sales. I also do v neck knit shirts, most comfortable and easy for the chest size. My last job i could wear jeans all the time but no writing at all on shirts ( i agreed with that after seeing what choices my colleagues made). Now i need nicer pants, i found my size at target and bought 3 in different colors. Since i am active with the kids there are no scarves or fancy shoes. Mostly lace up boots or converse.

What is this thing you speak of? Don't care don't look. So easy when one HATES to shop. Walked through the closest thrift store yesterday looking for a NEW winter top to wear with my 1 pair of jeans. Great deep red sweater for $6. Me HAPPY!

Boot leg jeans were very in and are now fading out. I'm wearing a pair right now. My teen daughter was shocked to learn that much of her stylish wardrobe was in style when I was a teen. I spent hours tearing my jeans up to get the perfect look. I had the same color Converse high tops that she has now. I'm kind of sad yet proud that she raids my closet when her school has retro dress up days. I still have a lot of my concert shirts, a leather motorcycle jacket, and a pair of shoes that I just can't throw away. I never thought of them as vintage, but they are ancient to my daughter and her friends. I really think that when they see pictures of me actually wearing the concert shirts, they expect them to be in black and white.

If Kohls sells it, it is fashionable enough for me. I usually wear a plain shirt and jeans. My most fashionable item is an autographed Blackhawks jersey, but it is probably considered out of fashion considering their record this year.

My school had an 80s day. The other art teacher dressed as Madonna. She looked at me and said (surprised) “you didn’t dress up!” To which I replied “these are actual clothes that I actually wore in college in the 80s.” She paused a second and then said “you shouldn’t have done that.”

what I would like to be able to buy is a plain white shirt with long sleeves that actually reach my wrists, a front that buttons up past my breasts, a cut that allows me to move my arms freely, a simple collar, and no pockets, made of a fabric that is not semi- or fully transparent. Preferably cotton. It would be really nice if I could tuck it in. If I ever find one, I will buy ten of them.

Thread Information