Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give it a Hundred (or 20 or 30 ...) - January 2019

Woohoo on the 2nd 100 days of writing! I am in awe. I love to read but when I try to write, there's nothing original in my head, it's all stuff that's been done before....
    Well, the weekend was a bust as far as our major project but we cleared three shelves out in a kitchen cupboard, which let me clear off a goodly piece of counter - and organize our baking supplies. I don't have much counter space so that's a good thing! And I still have an empty shelf! I'm claiming those three hours as part of my "secondary" challenge of keeping the downstairs more organized while tackling the upstairs. Our sales are picking up a bit also. If that continues we can move out more stuff faster, yay! We've already set aside enough sales money for a 10 day girl's trip to Mystic Seaport/Cape Cod/Salem and back through Pennsylvania this spring, and should be able to cover our family reunion trip to Hannibal MO later in the year. We travel fairly cheaply, though.

EM, that’s great that you sold enough stuff for a trip. Are you selling stuff you have around the house? The thrift store told me their donations went up when that show came on. I wish it was on cable.

TT, we sell stuff around the house and chip away at our "inheritance" - my parent's large (huge!!) collections of art-glass, furniture, and much miscellaneous, plus things we pick up at yard sales/flea markets etc to use and later resell. I love old stuff and don't mind a constant flow, as long as I have a handle on it and a way to approach it. I've been getting better at that over the last couple years, lol. We've actually financed several trips already. I don't have cable or anything other than PBS and library videos, really. I don't think I'd make a good convert to Marie Condo's tidyness....way too many things spark joy in me, lol.

I LOVE this idea. I'm wondering what I'm going to apply it to? Exercise 100 times in 2019? Take my dog for 100 walks in a certain amount of time(instead of just going out to toilet more than half the time)? I'm inspired.

Thread Information