Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your take on Trump's address?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

What's your take on Trump's address?

Color me unconvinced and afraid. Rob

What did he say that made you fearful?

(I watched Stormy Daniels' competing speech.)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What did he say that made you fearful?

(I watched Stormy Daniels' competing speech.)
    Nothing in particular new other than the fact that Trump did not once refer to the Federal workers now on a Trump Created And Fully Responsible For Economic Rollercoaster. That I find very scary. Moving along, how was Stormy Daniel's speech? Rob

Rob, I didn’t watch it (not to my taste or yours) but i don’t believe Stormy actually gave a speech.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Rob, I didn’t watch it (not to my taste or yours) but i don’t believe Stormy actually gave a speech.
    She simply livestreamed herself folding laundry for the duration. I wish there had been a closeup of the fitted-sheet-folding, those always throw me.

Wasn’t she supposed to do this in her underwear?

I get around the fitted sheet folding problem by only owning one set of sheets. I wash them and they go directly back on the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Wasn’t she supposed to do this in her underwear?
    I was captivated by the Kondo-like folding and sorting approach.

I get around the fitted sheet folding problem by only owning one set of sheets. I wash them and they go directly back on the bed.
    I am becoming the master of "living out of the clean laundry basket" myself :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I was captivated by the Kondo-like folding and sorting approach.
    She just gets more impressive every time I hear anything about her. Not only did she apparently not throw up a little in her mouth at the idea of having sex with trump (admittedly I'm just assuming that. I suppose it's possible she did and he just handed her a tic tac and went on with business...) but she has a Kondo-like folding and sorting approach to laundry!? I bet she also dances as good as AOC!

But back to the original topic, last night I was still, ummm, on the fence about this whole thing. But now that I know about the super duper cars those evil Mexicans have, I've come around...

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ars-than-we-do

Williamsmith
    My empathy for Federal workers is tempered by my many experiences of working without a paycheck myself. First, I realized that I was an essential worker and subject to continued work without pay during a government shutdown. And so I prepared for that eventuality by having an emergency fund which I could take supplemental money from while I was not being paid. In addition, I did not take loans (with the exception of a mortgage) that I could not either pay off or that my lender would not provide me with a deferment upon request. I had to go to my banker several times to ask for continued grace until the budget was passed. And further, the state provided a line of credit which I could use if I ran out of money.

So when Nancy and Chuck cry in their beer (or wine) over the starving government employees who are about to lose their house....I yawn. Perhaps we should just let the man build his wall and get on with the next crisis.

Thread Information