Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The government shutdown.....

Or, as Julius Sharpe put it on Twitter (regarding Trump's suborning of perjury):

"Will it be this that finally brings him down? Or the other hundred obviously illegal things? Find out in this episode of “Nothing Matters Anymore”!"

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Or, as Julius Sharpe put it on Twitter (regarding Trump's suborning of perjury):

"Will it be this that finally brings him down? Or the other hundred obviously illegal things? Find out in this episode of “Nothing Matters Anymore”!"
    I understand Mueller's office has referred to that story as "not accurate" .

Williamsmith
    Yes, it will be so nice when Trump finally gets impeached. Things will be so much better with Mike Pence as President. Hmm.

If it does play out that pence becomes an accidental president i suspect he’ll be as much of a placeholder kinda guy as Ford was. But it will be fun to watch him flail around and try to pretend otherwise if that’s how he thinks it needs to go.

OMG! President Pence! Said no one ever. Except maybe mother pence.

Remember what Dems aren't doing (congressional R's also, but who expects anything of them, HOWEVER R's DID used to be able to porkbarrel along with the best of them) is bargaining to GET SOMETHING IN RETURN for a wall. These out of touch idiots can't even pork-barrel properly and make one nostalgic for pork barrel politics done right.

Like ok you get 5 billion for your ridiculous wall, but in return we get 5 billion for roads or bridges, or poverty programs, or mental health, or solar panels on roofs or etc. something, anything. They can't think of a *single* thing to even try to bargain for 5 billion for. They are literally so out of touch they don't think 5 billion on the ground would do any good I guess. They wouldn't know a shovel ready project if they stepped on it and said shovel hit them in the face. But the government can't afford 10 billion? Oh utter nonsense, the government can afford whatever it wants, it's refusal to spend it on anything that might benefit ordinary people is only and ever about priorities.

But a wall would still be a waste of resources? Yes it would but with the military one of the biggest polluters and greenhouse gas emitters in the world, it's the wrong hill to die on for that cause (and noone even claims to care about that almost anyway). If that's what the government cared about, and it doesn't, it would look at all military programs very carefully and evaluate Green New Deal proposals for net environmental impact (some of which have to be worth doing). But why pretend that's what our government cares about.

The unpaid government workers, I know it's hard in so many ways, but I wish they would strike, carry the picket: AGAINST SLAVERY! That is all.
    Trees don't grow on money

I agree, ANM, but I think that wall has become such a symbol that that's what they're fighting for--just a symbol.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

McConnell could end this now. #wheresmitch

There's no point in negotiating with a guy who doesn't honor his word.

And frankly, I don't care if that stupid wall was free, I don't want a gigantic monument to racism on the southern border of my country.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I understand Mueller's office has referred to that story as "not accurate" .
    Buzzfeed stands by their story, but it may be--as happened to the Washington Post during Watergate--that the attribution or some other detail of the story is wrong, supplying plausible deniability.

Thread Information