Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Trump's handlers and no snark meant here.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Kudos to Trump's handlers and no snark meant here.....

I mean this. Trump's handlers did something very wise - apparently the border community he is slated to visit to share his wit and wisdom and Trumpisms galore (sarc fully on here but ending after this sentence) is McAllen, Texas. Brilliant move and I was actually hoping a Texas border city would be picked for his visit.

Why? Because Trump is mostly hated in California (and with good reason, witness the recent brouhaha with Trump wanting to deny California FEMA money after the massive fires), and very actively disliked in New Mexico, which is a poor state overall but is surprisingly quite liberal and progressive (it's like the poor person's California in some ways). This leaves Arizona and Texas as border states to visit. Trump is unwise to appear in Arizona these days as Arizona is getting more liberal by the day with all the Californians and also folks from expensive, liberal Northeast states moving here.....Arizona is purple now and not reliably red and I'm very grateful I've lived to see this day. It's not the best place for him to show his face given that his message will not be received as well here as it would have even ten years ago. This leaves Texas......so long as he avoids Austin and El Paso, both very reliably blue (but for different reasons) he can find people receptive to his message.

Gotta give his handlers some credit for having the common sense to figure this out. I seriously doubt Senor Trump left to his own devices has the basic intelligence and/or common sense to understand the above. Rob

Yppej
    Austin is not on the border.

Trump has handlers?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Austin is not on the border.
    No, it's not. My point is that Austin is one of the few places in Texas he'd be hard pressed to find people receptive to his message in the state of Texas. Ditto for El Paso, which is obviously on the border. Perhaps this holds true for tiny Marfa in West Texas, too, which I understand is a liberal West Texas artsy colony. But the rest of the state is overall open to Trump and his wit and wisdom and Trumpisms. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Trump has handlers?
    He must. Do you honestly believe he has the intelligence and/or common sense on his own to even begin to grasp that he is persona non grata in any US border community other than those in Texas (minus deep blue El Paso, of course)? I am unable to credit the man with this level of intelligence. He must have had someone somewhere telling him where it's advantageous for him to appear. Which is not the entire nation these days by any means. Rob

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    But the rest of the state is overall open to Trump and his wit and wisdom
    Not San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Not San Antonio.
    Interesting....I'm not saying you are wrong Yppej…..I'm just curious. Has San Antonio become more liberal of late? I know it's growing and liberal money from California and the Northeast is streaming in. Is San Antonio now also now longer reliably red? Rob

I agree rob that he is not that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    He must. Do you honestly believe he has the intelligence and/or common sense on his own to even begin to grasp that he is persona non grata in any US border community other than those in Texas (minus deep blue El Paso, of course)?
    From all the accounts coming out of the White House, Trump doesn't listen to any advisors, unless they tell him what he wants to hear. The line of people who have resigned/been fired, and their statements, seem to indicate He Is His Own Advisor.

I think he knows perfectly well what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

I think he knows perfectly well what he is doing.
    He is a Marketing & Showmanship idiot savant
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information