Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Arrhythmia Ended With Supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Thanks, Gardner, he has stopped the prescription BP med because of side effects. He has been seeing this doctor since June now and has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and COPD. The ER doctor, when he was in for a hyperintensive crisis, said it was probably caused by the sleep apnea. The sleep disorder people take 8 weeks to set up a test, two weeks to report back, then another 8 weeks to set up another test. He is very frustrated by the lack of medical attention he is getting when he tries to go to the doctor, so he wants to try this.
    Why so long?? DH just had a sleep study and he was able to get in before the week was up. He hasn't had a report back yet, but we expect it soon.

Thank you to those who pointed out the need to stay hydrated for good heart function. I wear a Fitbit and I notice that when I drink alcohol, my resting heart rate goes up. I haven't had a drink since Christmas, and have been watching my RHR steadily go down, but over the past couple of days it's gone back up to 80!? And I've been walking 2 miles almost every day and doing short yoga routines. I had erratic sleep one or two nights, so I thought maybe that was it, but I think I'll pay more attention to my fluids today and see what happens.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

They tell us it is because they are the only sd clinic for all of Northern Michigan, and people come from all over.
    We live in the Boonies.

His latest test (Dec 17) he had like 11 times where his oxygen levels were in the 70's.

They are not giving him the actual cpap titration until February 24.

To me, this is malpractice.

They tell us it is because they are the only sd clinic for all of Northern Michigan, and people come from all over.
    We live in the Boonies.

His latest test (Dec 17) he had like 11 times where his oxygen levels were in the 70's.

They are not giving him the actual cpap titration until February 24.

To me, this is malpractice.
    That is terrible. I worry a little about healthcare in VT. Although we're within 30 minutes of UVM Medical Center, which is a very good hospital, I know we are sacrificing world-class healthcare of the NY/NJ Metro area. I'm fine, but some of DH's lifestyle habits are starting to catch up with him. We have spent the last couple of months in NJ going to primary care, pulmonologist, GI guy, pain management (for sequelae of minor car accident in October)...I want to be sure we have everything lined up and all reports and treatment plans in before we go back up North.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have sleep apnea and waited weeks to get a appointment and then a month for the machine. My friend waited 6 weeks for her machine. The state switched from a competent provider April to a horrible one Bennett Medical. I am sure they are cheaper but consistently screw things up. That’s terrible Tybee.

Thanks, Gardner, he has stopped the prescription BP med because of side effects. He has been seeing this doctor since June now and has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and COPD. The ER doctor, when he was in for a hyperintensive crisis, said it was probably caused by the sleep apnea. The sleep disorder people take 8 weeks to set up a test, two weeks to report back, then another 8 weeks to set up another test. He is very frustrated by the lack of medical attention he is getting when he tries to go to the doctor, so he wants to try this.
    Hubby, on his own, researched mouth pieces because I continually told him he had sleep apnea. He would not discuss with me or Dr. However, he ordered https://www.snorerx.com/

He was AMAZED how good he felt after just 1 week using this device. It's truly amazing. He had no idea how poorly he was sleeping.

food for thought.

He

Not sure if that solves the low oxygen level problem. After I lost a bunch of weight sleep apnea mostly gone but still needed Machine because of low oxygen level.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Feel kind of stupid about this but...just read that my 2nd BP med, Amlodipine, can CAUSE palpitations and arrhythmia, chest pain/tightness--as well as edema in ankles, feet, insomnia from restlessness, and etc. All the symptoms I've been having.

So my GP let me go have tests with a heart doctor and never told me that the prescribed med might be the root cause of my sudden heart issues?

Not happy.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Glad you checked on it and discovered a possible connection.

We have had no terrible BP's since starting the hawthorne and I've had a couple that were phenomenal, like I used to have when I was young, 115 over 65. So glad we are trying the hawthorne.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    Feel kind of stupid about this but...just read that my 2nd BP med, Amlodipine, can CAUSE palpitations and arrhythmia, chest pain/tightness--as well as edema in ankles, feet, insomnia from restlessness, and etc. All the symptoms I've been having.

So my GP let me go have tests with a heart doctor and never told me that the prescribed med might be the root cause of my sudden heart issues?

Not happy.
    My SO was prescribed statins, which are notorious for causing muscle pain and kidney failure (among many other afflictions). When he was hit with muscle pain, his doctor diagnosed "polymyalgia"--a junk diagnosis if there ever was one--and put him on a year's worth of Prednisone. He might still be alive today if he had avoided doctors altogether. I'm convinced that 90% of the drugs prescribed today are unnecessary and dangerous. It's all about the profit.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Glad you checked on it and discovered a possible connection.

We have had no terrible BP's since starting the hawthorne and I've had a couple that were phenomenal, like I used to have when I was young, 115 over 65. So glad we are trying the hawthorne.
    Good thing to try, thanks! Do you take pills or capsules? How much? I have some hawthorne extract that I've not tried yet...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information