Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Arrhythmia Ended With Supplements

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    My SO was prescribed statins, which are notorious for causing muscle pain and kidney failure (among many other afflictions). When he was hit with muscle pain, his doctor diagnosed "polymyalgia"--a junk diagnosis if there ever was one--and put him on a year's worth of Prednisone. He might still be alive today if he had avoided doctors altogether. I'm convinced that 90% of the drugs prescribed today are unnecessary and dangerous. It's all about the profit.
    Yes, very much agree with you. That's so tragic about your SO...cannot imagine...

I had tried lifestyle changes and already ate and exercised well before I went, with GREAT reluctance on the BP meds...

Parents and two siblings all had/have HBP...but I was convinced I could moderate mine with lifestyle...still not convinced that I cannot lower, to a reasonable level, with natural medicine--and more meditation/breathing exercises...

My life has been miserable the last year with the chronic insomnia and heart palpitations...lack of sleep is very unhealthy...

Without taking melatonin at night I do not sleep.

The Amlodipine was cut from 5 mg to 2.5 but the heart issues remain. Will go to Doc and get off of this...it's pretty dreadful according to many users who have suffered many of these same side effects...

There are certain conditions that do require prescribed meds--such as acute infections and such, but for many other conditions--such as your SO had, there are often gentler treatments and lifestyle modifications that can help w/o the awful side effects.

If I were you, I'd be very bitter--how do you deal with that?
    peaceful, easy feeling

Wow Jane that’s really sad. I would never take a statin. They have not been proven to prevent heart attacks or strokes with a ton of side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    Yes, very much agree with you. That's so tragic about your SO...cannot imagine...
    If I were you, I'd be very bitter--how do you deal with that?
    He didn't die young; he was eighty-one. So there's that. He's free of doctors now. And I have some faith we'll meet again.

Anyway, I've moved on to being bitter that my stroke-afflicted relative is in the process of losing her house--due to health care expenses--at the moment. We can only hope there's enough money left for her to buy another dwelling of some kind. Maybe a yurt...

When I was a tiny girl (and a very well-behaved child at that), I fought the doctor trying to immunize me so hard I broke a blood vessel. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Wow Jane that’s really sad. I would never take a statin. They have not been proven to prevent heart attacks or strokes with a ton of side effects.
    They supposedly prevent cardiovascular recurrences in a small cohort of men who have had heart attacks or strokes. There is no proven benefit at all for women. Their NNT (number needed to treat) for one positive outcome is ridiculously high, and their side effects--mostly unreported--are legion. But boy howdy, are they profitable. If they were pushed on me, I would probably break another blood vessel.

I have had 2 doctors wanting me to go on them. One thing I do if a doctor gets too pushy I let them prescribe and I never pick it up.

I've been fortunate that the doctors I've seen haven't been pushy, but I haven't seen one for 25 years or so--they may be more profit-driven now.
    I suspect Pharma bribes or coerces doctors into prescribing those things. They have very little agency; Big Insurance and Pharma call the shots.

Well, I'll be hornswaggled...turns out that either--or both--of the two HBP meds I am taking can cause irregular heart rhythms...!! Just some lovely side effects that are possible...

It pays to read a PDR book...if anyone else is on prescribed meds, it's interesting to look up the side effects to find out whether your meds could be culprit in new symptoms...

Also found out that my very rosy cheeks are another side effect of the meds--they can cause flushing...

My meds keep my HBP in check, but yet they cause other trouble...
    peaceful, easy feeling

the Hawthorne is actually working really well for both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    the Hawthorne is actually working really well for both of us!
    Wonderful! Will you share in what form and how much you take!!
    peaceful, easy feeling

I am taking 1 565 mg capsule twice a day. Husband started taking 3 caps per day.

Thread Information