Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrhythmia Ended With Supplements

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    Hubby has episodes of SVT, which is a rapid heart rate. His is caused by an "electrical short" , but even after having episodes in the hosp while hooked to a monitor and going through the process to have an ablation (but didn't, as they couldn't find a trigger), it's not know what causes his issues.

His cardiologist says dehydration, too much sugar / carbs, and lack of good quality sleep seem to be his triggers. Also, when getting another illness, his heart rhythms will act up. Currently he's recovering from pneumonia, and we are having to check his rate frequently.

Maybe keep a log and see if their are elements you can control ( drinking more,etc) to add to the arsenal of resources to control your heart.
    This is exactly what I have! Read earlier reply. Also, cayenne pepper is helpful. I sometimes put about 1/8t or less into vegetable juice. It really helps. Other options include homeopathic mag/phos pellets. The best though is CALM powdered magnesium supplement. It has helped me for years! As stated earlier too, it is very important to be hydrated. Sounds like he needs to research different ways to boost his immune function!

Avocados are another good source of potassium. A large Hass has 690 mg.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Great, love those little orbs of lush good fats! Our local Lidl had avocados on special and I grabbed 3 big ones. Been enjoying them a lot! Smoosh them up into a guac by adding some spices and salsa and serve atop black bean burritos atop corn tortillas..quite yummy and satisfying..

Read of another food item filled with potassium and magnesium that I will try tomorrow is a smoothie of a frozen banana, fresh kale, and almond milk. Sounds...interesting...we shall see!
    peaceful, easy feeling

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Report on high Mag smoothie of kale, frozen banana, almond milk: actually, quite good! I added a little honey, a shake of cinnamon. It was quite drinkable. The kale taste was minimal...I'll add this to my breakfast rotation...

On the non-food mineral supplementation side, just read that there's a magnesium supplement with taurine which is recommended for heart health...a one-two punch.
    peaceful, easy feeling

We have been trying the Hawthorn berries for the high blood pressure for 4 days now. Three days of normal blood pressure for my husband! We are sold on doing this until he goes back to doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We have been trying the Hawthorn berries for the high blood pressure for 4 days now. Three days of normal blood pressure for my husband! We are sold on doing this until he goes back to doctor.
    Heart healthy also.

Be SUPER careful if he is also on prescription meds. He could tank and that is scary.

Thanks, Gardner, he has stopped the prescription BP med because of side effects. He has been seeing this doctor since June now and has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and COPD. The ER doctor, when he was in for a hyperintensive crisis, said it was probably caused by the sleep apnea. The sleep disorder people take 8 weeks to set up a test, two weeks to report back, then another 8 weeks to set up another test. He is very frustrated by the lack of medical attention he is getting when he tries to go to the doctor, so he wants to try this.

Thanks, Gardner, he has stopped the prescription BP med because of side effects. He has been seeing this doctor since June now and has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and COPD. The ER doctor, when he was in for a hyperintensive crisis, said it was probably caused by the sleep apnea. The sleep disorder people take 8 weeks to set up a test, two weeks to report back, then another 8 weeks to set up another test. He is very frustrated by the lack of medical attention he is getting when he tries to go to the doctor, so he wants to try this.
    In that case, i would add 2000mg of a good Fish Oil (hubby and I take Vitacost Fish Oil w/Lemon), and 200mg of CoQ10-if not contraindicated with the Hawthorne Berries.

The 2 items I listed brought hubby's BP down into mid 80s diastolic from super scary 110 diastolic.

Thanks, Gardnr, that sounds good. His diastolic was 117 a couple of days ago before we started the Hawthorne, so yeah, this is like a miracle.

Thread Information