Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Has Let Me Down

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA

Netflix Has Let Me Down

A small rant. We've been steady Netflix customers almost since the beginning. DVD's. The service has gone from good to awful over the last 3-4 months.

Right now, it's been 11 days without a DVD.

When I call customer service it's always, "Oh that must have been lost in the mail--we'll send it out again." The DVD's are getting lost in both directions, it seems.

Did an internet search and lots of other customers are experiencing the same slow down. Netflix seems to want the streaming business but not the DVD mail business.

This long-time customer is gonna cancel her account. Makes me kinda sad that my loyalty gets treated so shabbily, but I guess that's the way of the world these days.

I see why their stock is doing so well..screw the customer, save $$.
    peaceful, easy feeling

That is too bad. I have been recently toying with the idea of starting up a Netflix DVD subscription again for the if you winter months because I’m running out of things I really want to see, in the streaming service I have prime and I think I still have HBO just doesn’t show everything.

Well it is been probably two years since I had a DVD subscription, at the time, you could get everything on DVD. The streaming services are just too limited in content. No one service had everything.

My local library has a ton of great dvds from newer ones to classics. I just need to get over there more often.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    My local library has a ton of great DVDS from newer ones to classics. I just need to get over there more often.
    Yes! Our library has some good DVDs, too.

Also, by checking local online classifieds, I'm finding folks are selling their DVDs for as little as $1.00/each. Which means I could buy 10 DVDs a month and still lower what I'm paying to Netflix and actually have DVDs to watch, instead of excuses and few, if any, DVDs. And I could then swap our viewed DVDs and get more to watch. I'm liking this scenario...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That is too bad. I have been recently toying with the idea of starting up a Netflix DVD subscription again for the if you winter months because I’m running out of things I really want to see, in the streaming service I have prime and I think I still have HBO just doesn’t show everything.

Well it is been probably two years since I had a DVD subscription, at the time, you could get everything on DVD. The streaming services are just too limited in content. No one service had everything.
    I'm not unhappy with the choice of DVDs from Netflix..it's the delivery service that has me disappointed. Right now, 12 days with no DVD from Netflix..and counting. Who wants to keep paying for non-delivery of goods?? Read that they reduced their 50 plus distribution centers down to 33 and this has slowed deliveries. But 12 days, all of Jan. so far, with no DVD received? Um, no...that's a rip-off...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    I'm not unhappy with the choice of DVDs from Netflix..it's the delivery service that has me disappointed. Right now, 12 days with no DVD from Netflix..and counting. Who wants to keep paying for non-delivery of goods?? Read that they reduced their 50 plus distribution centers down to 33 and this has slowed deliveries. But 12 days, all of Jan. so far, with no DVD received? Um, no...that's a rip-off...
    OhI know! When I had Netflix dvd service, it was great. Those dvds came quickly, and the selection was good. I used our very large public library’s collection to supplement. At that time I was convinced content is better on dvd than on one single or double streaming service.

Now
    I watch Ridiculous amounts of streaming TV on Amazon prime, but so much of it is bad. There’s a lot of second rate stuff but then, there are a few gems as well. Last night I ran across Lisa Kudrow’s second series of The Comeback. While it is not great TV, it is acceptable TV that is funny. I watch all of the shows where Hollywood makes fun of themselves because they’re pretty good at that.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-15-19 at 9:04am.

I have both the streaming and DVD Netflix and haven't had any problems with the DVD delivery service. The streaming menu has a lot of pretty worthless offerings in between an occasional good binge worthy series. Neither is perfect, but is a lot cheaper than cable for both.

No problems here for both streaming and delivery

No problems with streaming or delivery. We have a lot in our queue so we are never having to short/long wait.

We love our cable and can’t give it up.

Thread Information