Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Ailment No One Ever Talks About

Iris Lilies, it also can significantly LESSEN PAIN.

I hope that this is just a bad memory with the passage of time.

Ha, like childbirth? I don't get a lovely baby in the end, but I did poop today, WOOT!

Ugh, I overdid it yesterday. I just had to test myself to see where I was at in recovery and now I am paying for it. Probably a back-to-bed day, though I do have a few errands to run in Santa Fe today. No, I am not going to drive myself...

just a thought - not discounting your pain levels, but there's a maximum safe amt of opioids that can be taken at one time....it doesn't sound like your doctor was withholding pain meds from you. I guess they could have hospitalized you for intractable pain and given you IV morphine around the clock; that would control your pain but have other side effects. I hope you are continuing to heal and have less pain every day!

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

I am doing better, I have been back to work for the past two days - granted, my job running a gallery is pretty damn easy, especially this time of year when it is very slow. I am lucky enough that I can lie down in the back (where I live) and rest when I need to. I have a bell on the door to alert me to customers walking in.

My last painkiller was two nights ago. I swear last night I must have had some mild withdrawals - I woke up sweat-drenched, weird dreams and achy hips. I am still having a lot of pain at times but managing it with Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I even took a short walk yesterday.

Now I am trying to figure out how to broach my dissatisfaction about certain issues regarding the surgeon and her office. I am going to be asking to see my chart to see if they marked me as "a patient who was seeking out painkillers." That has very real repercussions as far as getting any pain killers for any future painful occurrences. I am going to let her know (or maybe she knows already) that I find it very disturbing to have false accusations made against me by her office manager and will get a lawyer involved if I need to, to have that false information erased from my chart. I never knew how disturbing it is to me to have an accusation like that - it quite bothers me. It makes me wonder if they made false assumptions about me regarding where I live and what I look like - I live in a funky artist town (known for its partying ways and certain segments of our community have drug issues), in addition to me having waist-length dreadlocks. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case...

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    will get a lawyer involved if I need to, to have that false information erased from my chart
    If that notation is there, make sure it is expunged from the records of any other organization they've worked with (pharmacies, insurance companies, etc.).

Also glad to hear you're feeling better!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Almost four weeks since surgery ~ still a significant amount of pain during certain bodily functions, some bleeding but on the whole, SLOWLY (too slow for my likes) getting better. I have been off the pain meds for at least two weeks and just relying on Ibuprofen when I need it.

After going through this hellish experience, I am here to tell you, DRINK YOUR METAMUCIL! You DO NOT want to end up having this surgery. Way too painful and disruptive to one's life. I sure hope I get to the point that I think it was all worth it in the end....

On a brighter note, last week I decided to splurge and bought a plane ticket for Sanibel Island, Florida next month so I can visit with my mom and sister while they are there vacationing from Michigan. It will be very nice to get away from all this snow we are having in New Mexico and I need a break from all the stuff I've been going through.

Glad you are getting a vacation. You have been through the wringer. I use miralax once a week. I have hemorrhoids that bleed occasionally and that’s bad enough.

Thread Information