Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ailment No One Ever Talks About

That’s terrible. Can you increase your pain medications?

Oh no. I'm sorry this is such an awful experience for you.

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear this.

SiouzQ, this is awful. You have got to get some sleep because lack of sleep makes pain worse. I am so sorry you are going through this.

I had my boyfriend take me to the ER last; I just couldn't go through another night of pain like that. I got a nice shot of Dilaudid but unbelievingly two hours later when we were finally back home I woke up with the same level of pain down there! I thought Dilaudid was a pretty strong opiate, so that gives you an idea of the pain level going on here.

I am doing a little better today, just trying to stay on top of the pain - the ER doctor increased the strength of the other pain killers. It's been a LONG two days...

SiouzQ, so sorry you have to experience that.
    I have a friend who had the same experience.
    On day 4 she woke up with no pain at all.

Oh, that's encouraging to hear. I'm on Day 2 but it feels like an eternity!

How are you doing today, OP?

SiouzQ, so sorry about the pain level. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and when I experienced hemorrhoids I started thinking maybe suicide was an option (being honest). Natural, un-medicated childbirth came no where near to comparing to that level of pain. I hope you see improvement today. I know my husband's brother had the surgery but his family doesn't talk about such things (said in a whisper). Thanks for being honest here, I'm sure it'll help someone.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I am not doing well this morning, though I had hope for today, which is Day 4. Life is complicated down here in Madrid. I have been staying at my boyfriend's place down the street and he has no land-line but Verizon doesn't work here so I can't use my cell phone. I needed to call the doctor office (again) and find out what the hell I am supposed to do at this point (after having done EVERYTHING I was told to do since last Thursday). Just the 1/8th mile drive to my house (BF is at work in Albuquerque) and getting out of the car and into my place had me screaming and crying in pain - there is NO WAY I'll be able to drive myself the 30 miles to Santa Fe to see the doctor (still waiting for a call back). I am trying to find someone in town to take me.

I cannot it take much longer...I'll probably end up in the ER again if they can't figure this out.

Thread Information