Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ailment No One Ever Talks About

The Ailment No One Ever Talks About

Okay, a deep breath here because it feels a little embarrassing - I am scheduled to have a hemmoroidectomy in about two weeks. Yet another thing to have to recover from so I am NOT happy about THAT because I just joined the gym to get going on working on my health and stamina after this most stressful year. However, I do want this particular problem GONE!

Has anyone ever had this surgery? If yes, what was the pain level afterwards like? When were you able to be out and about, and be back at work? I really do not know what to expect; the doctor just said the first week would be very painful (she's had the same surgery).

I think I'll call on Monday and try to get some more information besides "that it is really painful the first week."

Please, please, please let this be the END of health stuff for awhile! I really just want to back to some sense of normalcy in my life. And I am over the winter thing going on here in my little corner of NM , the novelty has worn off. Now it is grey, sloppy and icy and the gallery is really, really slow. Which I guess means it's as good a time as any to have the surgery....

Not sure if it’s the same thing but a friend of mine had hemorrhoids banded which was painful and they came back. The doctor wants him to do it again and he said no way. I am just living with mine.

I don't have much of a choice, as they have prolapsed...and it won't magically correct itself.

Sympathies...I've had occasional problems with bleeding roids over the past few years, but nothing that would require surgery. The odd outbreak reminds me to make sure I'm staying hydrated and getting enough fiber in my diet.

Hope the aftermath of your surgery isn't too unpleasant...good luck.

Off to surgery, Oh BOY!

Good luck SiouzQ! I've heard of some people needing it. I'm sure you'll be fine and glad you did it.
    Everything I have in that entire neighborhood is falling down, so I'm sure surgery will be in my future too.
    Let us know how you do!

Good luck! Sounds like a real pain and it will be good to have some relief.

I have had hemorrhoids since my 3rd pregnancy at 25. They sometimes bleed. Hope it all goes well.

DH's brother had that and he was back to riding a bike within a couple months so he survived. Hope your recovery goes well.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

For anyone who is wondering, the post-op pain (for me anyway) is absolutely excruciating. Painkillers have scarcely made a dent so far. About 24 hours into recovery and I am pretty much incapacitated...at times Level 10 on the standardized pain chart. Hopefully I will get some sleep this afternoon because I sure didn't last night.

Thread Information