Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Ailment No One Ever Talks About

I have just today saw this thread and I must say, I cringe at the level of pain you were experiencing! I am so glad you are doing better and the upcoming vacation will be so good for you. One thing I kept wanting to ask reading through you ordeal was, did you ever apply ice to the area? I know it might be like putting a band aid on hatchet gash (thinking Lizzy Borden for some reason!), but it does have some numbing ability and shrinking swelling. I hope you keep improving and never ever have to go through anything like this again.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I just can't win these days...I have another 'roid, on the other side from where they repaired the first one. No surgery planned for this one for the time being; I was way too traumatized from the last one.

I would never have it after what you went through. My broken wrist has been painful enough.

Apparently I am somewhat of an anonmoly according to the surgeon. She said most people recover quite well from that surgery. I have mostly recovered from the original incision but unbelievably another one cropped up on the other side (everyone has three separate columns of hemmeroidal tissue in there). I guess it's a bit unusual for a new one to crop up so soon after getting the other one repaired. Leave it to me to be the exception...

My friend had it done and now has more hemorrhoids and not doing a thing.

Thread Information