Page 46 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    There are many who are sick of the constant drama inflicted by the current president. Many will vote for ANYONE but him.
    Keep in mind that many Trump supporters and onTheFencers see the drama as being created by the non-Trump camp. mainstream media is viewed with great skepticism and derision.

They had a big hand in electing Trump last time. I really wish they would learn. Really. Just dial it back.

Since he was first elected I have thought Trump would get his second term. I still believe this.

Yppej
    I went to hear Bernie speak today. He was funny, energetic, and populist. Although he walks with a stoop he did not otherwise come across as elderly, and his most vocal supporters in the crowd were young.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Since he was first elected I have thought Trump would get his second term. I still believe this.
    You live in the heartland of uneducated trump supporters. I like to believe that Americans can do some brilliant and inspired things when we try. Not reelecting that moron isn't quite up to that level, but I'll take it and think we're capable. I'll worry about bigger things like us getting to the moonmars afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You live in the heartland of uneducated trump supporters.
    People who say things like that fail to understand that a big part of Trump’s appeal was sticking it to people who say things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    People who say things like that fail to understand that a big part of Trump’s appeal was sticking it to people who say things like that.
    Gosh! Exactly.

Especially since where UL lives there’s probably more “educated” people per capita than where JP lives. Ohio State University is a giant employer there.

But perhaps JP means overall flyover country. OK, well, speak badly of us, see how we vote.

Edited to correct university

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think they understand, but just can't help themselves. If they were able to moderate themselves, they wouldn't be liberals.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I thought the republican mantra was that we live in a land of opportunity and if you fail it's your own fault for being lazy or not taking advantage of opportunity when it arises. Does that only apply to people in large urban areas? By that metric it seems like trump supporters have no one to blame but themselves for their disappointment in how their life turned out.

The truth is while there may be independents that can be won over (as these fall all over the map politically), most of the Republican vote can't be won from Trump. He has over 90% approval with Republicans, and this is now despite all. He only has a 40 something approval rating overall, yea well that about lines up.

So people that can be won in flyover states? Sure. But people that can be won over among registered Republicans, well good luck with that.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    But people that can be won over among registered Republicans, well good luck with that.
    But it's nice of them to offer their concern and advice for what we should be doing to win the election.

Thread Information