Page 48 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

We saw the reinvention of the republicans finally reach full fruition a few years ago. Thankfully it seems to be pushing democrats to stop pretending to be just like republicans.

I think sometimes education is confused with enlightenment.
    it's probably less important than sources of information. Bear in mind I think they are ALL filter bubbles to a degree, just some are more accurate than others etc.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Keep in mind that many Trump supporters and onTheFencers see the drama as being created by the non-Trump camp. mainstream media is viewed with great skepticism and derision.

They had a big hand in electing Trump last time. I really wish they would learn. Really. Just dial it back.
    Drama in many forms by Trump... every day HE does something. Every day I comment I wish he were gone. I am very happy I am no longer working because of all the safety regs and OT and wage laws he has deregulated, laws in favor of big business but detrimental to the rest of society. Truthfully the list is endless. Not to mention the type of person he is.... Totally a disgrace to the US.

Also, the only reason Trump was elected was because of the electoral college.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    That was before Republicans realized that an ignorant electorate confers a tremendous advantage. We used to have Republicans with a modicum of character and principles, aside from naked greed. I used to vote for them.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes,
    I used to vote the Democratic ticket. Guess we made an even swap, no advantage for the opposing team.
    You need to keep informed. By your own admission you are not. So, you really have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Also, the only reason Trump was elected was because of the electoral college.
    Using the same process and criteria as every other elected President since 1804.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yes, a travesty!

You need to keep informed. By your own admission you are not. So, you really have no clue.
    You are right that I don’t read the ?st Louis newspaper and don’t watch TV news. I do have the radio on a lot during the day so I get a fair amount of national and local news from that. Even though I don’t seek it out somehow it all seeps in as to the new story of the day which I’m not espevially interested in as well as the local news stories in which I have more interest.

I believe there's several chapters in a Dale Carnegie book relating to this.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Define “keep informed. “

Thread Information