Page 59 of 165 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Yes. He’s as bad as Obama with his pen and his phone. I don’t know why people keep expecting me to defend Trump.
    As I have stated previously, I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats in the past. I think Obama at least tried to help people. The same cannot be said for Trump. He has an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I wish more young energetic people would get enthused for candidates as they did for Obama. I think it is a pretty sure bet (I will be surprised if not) that an old, white man will be the President.

Hopefully, one who is not so dramatic and problematic. Also, I think "Mayor Pete" would do justice to the office. So far there are no Republicans stepping up against Trump??? Is it a given that he is the only Republican running?

Bill Weld is running on the Republican side, not sure if there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    As I have stated previously, I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats in the past. I think Obama at least tried to help people. The same cannot be said for Trump. He has an agenda.
    The government is not here to help people--it's every man for himself in the good ol' US of A. The government is only here to wage war and boost corporate profits. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Because Trump is Republican (sort of). I feel sorry for you Republicans having to take one of the team when the captain is such a Side Show Bob.
    He's not a sort of republican. For better or worse he IS the face of the republican party today. If he wasn't we'd be seeing more people like Justin Amash stand up to him. If the remaining honorable republicans want to take their party back they will have to stand up to the trumpian republicans, and I just don't see that happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

I have a soft spot in my heart for Williamson (I have TWO copies of her book "Return to Love")--obviously she will never be President but it was still fun to hear her point out things that people need to hear.
    I certainly hope you’re right, although after the last election i’ve learned that anything is possible. But yeah, no one who says that AIDS patients got sick because they didn’t love themselves and god enough should be anywhere near the white house.

Biden seemed a little more active in his own defense than last time. Can he win by just surviving while the rest of the pack stakes out positions further and further to the left? Who was it who said that Democrats would rather win arguments than elections?

Gillibrand offered to explain white privilege to the ladies of the suburbs. I’ll bet that will be a big draw.

A lot of ambivalence about Obama’s record. You might have been excused for thinking some of them believed he was a dirty Republican.

I know that Michael Moore is a crusty old hoot, but I occasionally get some entertainment value from him. He had a recent interview where he said Michelle Obama is the one to beat trump. He cited a couple of polls where she is the top of the list for the most admired women in the world. I could go with that. The Obamas were apparently unavailable for comment. No doubt a little on the fantasy side, but some entertaining considerations.

Michael Moore cultivates the look of an unmade bed, but he's no fool. His documentaries are always entertaining.
    I've been a fan since Roger and Me, and his short-lived TV Nation often had us laughing uncontrollably.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I certainly hope you’re right, although after the last election i’ve learned that anything is possible. But yeah, no one who says that AIDS patients got sick because they didn’t love themselves and god enough should be anywhere near the white house.
    Do you really think that about Williamson, or is that just the sound bite du jour about her up there out of her sphere of influence, SoCal?

From the few articles I just finished skimming, she doesn’t seem at all to be an enemy of LGBT etc. people. She adamantly denies counseling people with AIDS to give up any Western medicine although she does say that there was hardly anything offered to them in late 80s when she was working with people with AIDS.

Thread Information