Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t think this country will vote for a woman or a gay guy unfortunately.
    Please don't force them to run as the gay guy or the woman, especially if you follow up by declaring everyone unimpressed with them as sexist, racist or homophobic. Independents, Republicans and rational Democrats don't like that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, your post was good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The Form 1040 would be longer and the Bill of Rights would be shorter.
    And the deficit would be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Please don't force them to run as the gay guy or the woman, especially if you follow up by declaring everyone unimpressed with them as sexist, racist or homophobic. Independents, Republicans and rational Democrats don't like that.
    Alan: Would you vote for a gay, half black/half Indian woman who otherwise shared and agreed with your politics and advocated for such?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And the deficit would be lower.
    I think we can have both a longer bill of rights and a lower deficit. Americans can do some brilliant and inspired things when we really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Alan: Would you vote for a gay, half black/half Indian woman who otherwise shared and agreed with your politics and advocated for such?
    Have you ever seen Alan indicate otherwise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Sure! I'm not nearly progressive enough to do otherwise.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Have you ever seen Alan indicate otherwise ?
    I suspect that Alan would vote for the hypothetical candidate if, when asked about their sexuality and/or racial background they said something like:
    "I am gay, I am half Indian and half black. I am done talking about it. Let's get into my policy ideas and my plans for governance."

But I dunno! I would prefer to hear what Alan has to say, whether my speculation is correct or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Sure
    Even better answer than I would have predicted!

What is INSANE is that some of my fellow leftists would still consider someone like Alan racist and/or homophobic. It takes some intellectual contortions, but they can do it. And I wish they would not. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Normally the incumbent does have a significant advantage. But trump is not a normal president. His approval rating has never even hit 50% and he's not doing anything even remotely to try and change that. It's difficult to imagine that anyone who didn't vote for him last time will vote for him this time. Not to mention that 4 years worth of his base from 2016 will be dead and 4 more years worth of young people will be eligible to vote by election day 2020.
    There are many who are sick of the constant drama inflicted by the current president. Many will vote for ANYONE but him.

Thread Information