Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    On the other hand, if they do like the majority of Dem candidates did in the midterms, and focus on issues that actually matter to people , like healthcare and taxes, they will do just fine.
    I think you're right. Properly and soberly applied, the traditional formula of "we'll give you free stuff and send the bill to people you hate" has worked well in past general elections. The problem will be appealing to the differing appetites of the "base" during the primaries. The identitarians, the Catholic until proven innocent types, the Nieman Marxists and ICE-abolishers will be demanding their due.

Yeah, Amy Klobuchar has a lot of possibility, I think.

I hope the dems have looked long and hard over why they lost the 2016 election and who they want to support. I think there is a Hillary/Obama taint that will carry over to the old school candidates like Biden and Sanders. As much as I do or don't like them, someone should pull them off the stage. I saw headlines today saying some speculation like Pelosi could be the next president. I think that is a bad idea for a similar reason.

Other than that, I get the feeling that it might be a big free-for-all much like the GOP in the last election and there will be significantly thinning of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I hope the dems have looked long and hard over why they lost the 2016 election and who they want to support. I think there is a Hillary/Obama taint that will carry over to the old school candidates like Biden and Sanders. As much as I do or don't like them, someone should pull them off the stage. I saw headlines today saying some speculation like Pelosi could be the next president. I think that is a bad idea for a similar reason.

Other than that, I get the feeling that it might be a big free-for-all much like the GOP in the last election and there will be significantly thinning of the field.
    Oooooooo Nancy Pelosi! I hadnt heard that.
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oooooooo Nancy Pelosi! I hadnt heard that.
    Excellent!
    That'd get us four more years of Trump easily.

Williamsmith
    Not trying to be critical but I never thought someone could seriously consider Nancy Pelosi for candidate for our local sewer authority much less the Presidency.......but there she is Speaker of the House. I would enjoy the entertainment value of seeing her trying to get casual in jeans and rolled up sleeves out in an Iowa cornfield. I bet the corn would grow a foot just while she was standing there talking about how she was going to fight for the little people and the farmers.

Williamsmith
    Let’s not forget Kirsten Gillibrand. She has the ability to change positions as easily as a chameleon changes colors. A very useful tool in the political realm. And she is right in that sweet spot of New York State.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Let’s not forget Kirsten Gillibrand. She has the ability to change positions as easily as a chameleon changes colors. A very useful tool in the political realm. And she is right in that sweet spot of New York State.
    Her policy pirouettes are breathtaking. I've heard her convictions "evolve" faster than bacteria.

I liked her proclamation that the future was intersectional.

Sorry, but this habitual Pelosi-bashing among Republicans makes me LOL. She's as shrewd a politician as Congress has ever produced, and has bigger cojones than 99.9% of the men in Washington. When the Obama team was ready to throw in the towel on healthcare reform, she told them, "Tell me which votes you need," and then went and got them. She squashed the recent insurgency within her caucus without breaking a sweat.

In the current battle with Trump, we'll see who comes out on top.

Bae & Jane, what do you think about Inslee throwing his hat in?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information