Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Because there are protections built into our governing documents and legal system to prevent it, or at least make it difficult to achieve. The only time I'm aware that our government may have been headed down the path of fascism were a few years leading up to WWII when Roosevelt and other leaders were openly admiring Mussolini's fascist regime in Italy and wondering how to implement it here. But, old Benito decided to bend the country's knee to Hitler and it temporarily went out of favor in Democratic circles. I say temporarily because I see similarities espoused by much of the left in this country and the tendency of Dem politicians to at least appear to be on the bleeding edge of those desires, although I suspect rational heads and the constitutional limitations on government we enjoy will eventually prevail before it becomes a governing ideology.

I'm not so comfortable on the social side of things, the left dominates popular culture through entertainment and other media, and it shows.
Dream on. trump has already shown signs of fascism and Nazi behavior.
Today's ....
https://news.yahoo.com/more-ever-tru...121836650.html