Page 22 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

I think since Trump, our next biggest hope is someone closer to the middle. The nation is so divided, and the last thing we need is someone who is so polarizing, like Warren and Sanders. I mean they might not try to be, but their fervor will be viewed as such. The more left or right the nation becomes, the stronger the pull in the opposing direction becomes. We need some middle-ground, especially after the divide that Trump has caused/encouraged.

Oh definitely. We've got a racist dog-whistling con artist Russian asset oligarch boot-licking childish insult-throwing, dictator-worshiping, NATO/UN basher, ignorant, illiterate, trampler of the Constitution. By all means let's just elect someone slightly to the left of that. Like Romney! There's the ticket!

F that.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Oh definitely. We've got a racist dog-whistling con artist Russian asset oligarch boot-licking childish insult-throwing, dictator-worshiping, NATO/UN basher, ignorant, illiterate, trampler of the Constitution. By all means let's just elect someone slightly to the left of that. Like Romney! There's the ticket!

F that.
    That is exactly what the Democrats should do. Purge the fanatical moderates! The people yearn for revolution!

I do yearn for a revolution, preferably bloodless.

As Jim Hightower says "There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos."

I do yearn for a revolution, preferably bloodless.

As Jim Hightower says "There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos."
    Yes, and that electoral philosophy got him no further than the Texas Department of Agriculture.

I admire a commitment to ideological purity. I think George McGovern was a very admirable guy.

I may have voted for McGovern...

He lost me when I read about the McGovern Commission on Nutrition, which issued the original dietary guidelines with the advice of Ancel Keys and other scoundrels. A shining example of government overreach that kicked off decades of misinformation and professional meddling.

Just think of the glorious opportunity for government overreach the Green New Dealers will have if they get a mandate to retool the economy.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I find it passing strange that people like Sherrod Brown and Amy Klobuchar represent the far right of the field. Would Bill Clinton even be considered within the realm of possibility today?

Has the country at large shifted to the left as abruptly as the Democrats? Or are the chattering classes just believing their own propaganda?
    Since Clinton we have had both generational and demographic change. That is why the Defense of Marriage Act he signed is no longer in effect.

Who would have believed ten years ago we would have universal same sex marriage and widespread legalized cannabis? Single payer health care has a larger constituency than either--reports say 70-78%.

Who would have believed ten years ago we would have universal same sex marriage and widespread legalized cannabis? Single payer health care has a larger constituency than either--reports say 70-78%.
    Isn’t it grand? Free everything for everyone!

Thread Information