Page 16 of 165 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Williamsmith
    I’m Independent but for now....apparently white, male and obnoxious (in that order) suits me fine as long as the economy keeps chugging along, I keep my healthcare and my investments don’t vaporize.

Williamsmith
    I’m going to list the most likely Democratic Presidential Nominees as of today in order of probability that they will become the nominee. And can anyone explain why any of them would appeal to a broad enough base to actually challenge Trump? Assume Trump retains his astounding Rasmussen popularity numbers.

Beto O'Rourke
    Kamala Harris
    Joe Biden
    Elizabeth Warren
    Bernie Sanders
    Amy Klobuchar
    Tulsi Gabbard
    Kirsten Gillibrand
    Cory Booker
    Hillary Clinton
    Oprah Winfrey
    Michelle Obama
    Julian Castro
    Tom Wolf
    Andrew Cuomo
    Tom Steyer
    Joe Kennedy III

By virtue of being "not trump" they automatically potentially have appeal to the 57% of the voters who recently were polled and responded definitely not trump. Any one of them has the potential to get 46% of the popular vote and secure the nomination.

I'm kind of slow, clearly.
    In retrospect, Tradd's question seems to be what passes for humor among Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    In retrospect, Tradd's question seems to be what passes for humor among Republicans.
    Cory Booker just announced that if he wins the nomination he'll look to women first for a running mate, so in answer to Tradd's question, Mr Booker chooses gender first.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    By virtue of being "not trump" they automatically potentially have appeal to the 57% of the voters who recently were polled and responded definitely not trump. Any one of them has the potential to get 46% of the popular vote and secure the nomination.
    I figure you are talking about the Marist Poll sponsored by NPR and PBS newshour? Do you think a poll sponsored by Fox News and the Drudge Report would reflect different numbers? NPR is simply creating its own news.

The poll was conducted right at the height height of the government partial shutdown when very strong emotions were being fed to the television consuming public.

According to Marist, they polled 873 registered voters. You would think an accurate poll would reflect approximately half as many Republicans as Democrats or independents leaning each direction. Not so here. 324 to 417 in favor of Democrats. Statistical significance is plus or minus almost 7%. Thats a 14% spread.

They polled a total of 1023 persons in a nation of over 300 million people.

I certainly hope Democrats take these polls as much of gospel as you seem to do. It will guarantee they perform just like they did last time.

Watch as they all flee from the Green New Deal as if it is the plague.

Williamsmith
    Perhaps someone can hazard an answer to this? Why is Hillary Clinton less qualified to be the nominee in 2020. After all, we are to assume we have a handle on the Russians now that Mueller has been on the job. With the Russian meddling taken care of she should easily hand Trump a humbling loss. And this time around, she can actually campaign and debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Watch as they all flee from the Green New Deal as if it is the plague.
    The first Green New Deal compliant cars have hit the showroom.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I have left leaning friends who rank candidates. Some by race first, others by gender, some by sexual orientation.

It wasn’t a joke. One gal said race trumps everything else. Someone else will only vote for women. Issues be damned.

Williamsmith
    Alan,

I don’t think we will be able to cut down trees with a chainsaw or mine stone with commercial equipment. Do you have anything that’s made out of recycled cardboard?

Thread Information