Page 11 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

So better not to have lived than to have lived a childhood of neglect?
    actually it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of neglected (and abused) children thought this and many times, they didn't ask to be born (nor neglected), but then noone ever asked them.

But they will eventually be glad they lived? Well,I don't know, Hamlet. One is alive and so it just IS and usually one makes the best of it (except for those who choose to end it due to the emotional pain and they are probably disproportionately those neglected and abused). But it takes decades to even kind of recover from a neglectful childhood.

"I will never be safe
    I will never be sane
    I will always be weird inside
    I will always be lame"
    -- everclear

and that's the truth about neglect (in that song a father abandoning). So no it's not axiomatic to me that it is better to bring kids into bad situations.
    Trees don't grow on money

Williamsmith
    Placing legal restrictions on abortion is from what I have researched largely ineffective and so it is a better argument to say women are forced into a dangerous situation of seeking abortion on any terms. But governments should not be carrying on publicly funded campaigns to encourage elective abortion which target the most vulnerable sectors of society....which is what Democrats do and continue to justify with some of the excuses that have been repeated here under the guise of women’s rights. China leads all nations in abortions and their reason for this is numerically obvious.

I'm curious about all these democratic statements encouraging people to get abortions. Perhaps i've just missed them. Can you share some links?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I'm curious about all these democratic statements encouraging people to get abortions. Perhaps i've just missed them. Can you share some links?
    If your idea of corroboration involves providing links from the internet.....then you’ll need to do the research, I have no interest being asked to sit for a treat.

You're the one making the claim. What I've heard has always been along the lines of Hillary Clinton: "Abortion should be safe, legal and rare."

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You're the one making the claim. What I've heard has always been along the lines of Hillary Clinton: "Abortion should be safe, legal and rare."
    Perhaps you can tell me what she has done to make them....”rare.”

Nobody is encouraging abortion--except unwilling fathers like these:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-evil-for-thee

Most of us just support women's right to control their own bodies, no "encouragement" involved.

I find it perplexing that the many of the men who have no problem sending young people to war, are indifferent to the plight of immigrants, the poor and sick, wounded veterans. and suffering in general (as evidenced by Republican policies) seem to get apoplectic about the fate of insensate collections of human cells, most of whom wouldn't rate a moment's concern from the same men should they be born.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    https://rewire.news/article/2016/08/...on-accessible/

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Promoted birth control and sex education, for two.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Nobody is encouraging abortion--except unwilling fathers like these:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-evil-for-thee

Most of us just support women's right to control their own bodies, no "encouragement" involved.

I find it perplexing that the many of the men who have no problem sending young people to war, are indifferent to the plight of immigrants, the poor and sick, wounded veterans. and suffering in general (as evidenced by Republican policies) seem to get apoplectic about the fate of insensate collections of human cells, most of whom wouldn't rate a moment's concern from the same men should they be born.
    To describe the presence of fetal development within a womb as “insensate collections of human cells” only serves to provide ethical insensitivity to potential decision makers.

Thread Information