Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1263

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

  1. #1171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,312
    I think Biden has early dementia. He canít form full or cogent sentences. He throws out buzz words and uses nonverbals to get the crowd to cheer. He has frequent blank, confused looks on his face. Itís sad and embarrassing.

    Bernie has delicate health with his recent MI. Still gives a good speech and is mentally sharp.

    Warren could do the job but sadly sheís not gonna get enough votes.

  2. #1172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I think Biden has early dementia. He canít form full or cogent sentences. He throws out buzz words and uses nonverbals to get the crowd to cheer. He has frequent blank, confused looks on his face. Itís sad and embarrassing.

    Bernie has delicate health with his recent MI. Still gives a good speech and is mentally sharp.

    Warren could do the job but sadly sheís not gonna get enough votes.
    I have had exactly the same thoughts about Biden. He seems to blank out and then compensates with nonsensical words--I have also feared he might have dementia.

  3. #1173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,312
    He talks in word salad. When you see his speeches written out exactly how he spoke them, itís almost unintelligible. Itís actually diagnostic.

  4. #1174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,312
    Of course Trump talks in a similar way. I think Iíll start to put my hope in local leadership rather than national ...

  5. #1175
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    10,490
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    As to last night, I drew a few conclusions.

    If Republicans had fallen into line as quickly as the Democrats seem to be, Trump wouldnít be in office today.

    For all the talk of oligarchy, all half a billion will buy you is American Samoa.

    Democrats are just not that into Elizabeth Warren.

    Biden seemed to perform best in states where he didnít campaign.

    Given the last-minute dropouts, early voting for primaries does not seem to be a very good idea.
    I love your take-aways, LDAHL! lol Funny but true.

    I was reading about why Warren stays in the race instead of giving the progressives a consolidated front, like the moderates did. She supposedly is going to stick it out because she's hoping that if it comes down to Bernie and Biden, she could be a spoiler at the convention, representing the more politically agile bridge between the two of them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  6. #1176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,845
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I love your take-aways, LDAHL! lol Funny but true.

    I was reading about why Warren stays in the race instead of giving the progressives a consolidated front, like the moderates did. She supposedly is going to stick it out because she's hoping that if it comes down to Bernie and Biden, she could be a spoiler at the convention, representing the more politically agile bridge between the two of them.
    I could see that happening. A too-clever-by-half scheme to leverage her paltry haul of delegates into a kingmaker position and VP or cabinet post.

  7. #1177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    711
    I like Biden, he has been my choice since the beginning.

    Seems most of my friends feel the same?

    He is also the most feared by Trump.

    Some of his speech problems are due to his stuttering, especially when it seems he cannot get the words out.

    I would recommend reading about his history and life of public service.

  8. #1178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,935
    Thank you, Tenngal, I did not know that. I found this interesting article on him and stuttering:
    https://thehill.com/changing-america...s-campaign-and

    One of my sons had a stuttering problem and almost completely disfluent as a small child. Word substitution is definitely something that happens with stuttering. Interesting!

  9. #1179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,845
    Looks like Bloomberg is out. After $500,000,000 in sunk costs, he has concluded that ď money canít buy me loveĒ.

  10. #1180
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16,073
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Looks like Bloomberg is out. After $500,000,000 in sunk costs, he has concluded that ď money canít buy me loveĒ.
    This is somewhat cheering, right? That all the money in the world still canít buy an election or even a high result on super Tuesday?

    Bloomberg sent me three distinct mailings a couple days ago. My neighbor remark he got three mailings as well. How many trees died so that this idiot could get his moment in the limelight?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •