Page 98 of 165 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Kamala Harris is laying off staff and dropping steadily in the polls so she may be dropping next. I think it's funny she's complaining that people aren't ready for a woman of color to be president when this is just the primary and it's the Democrats she's complaining about. Y'all ain't as woke as you think.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think it's funny she's complaining that people aren't ready for a woman of color to be president when this is just the primary and it's the Democrats she's complaining about. Y'all ain't as woke as you think.
    A couple days ago the left-oriented broadcast media was full of hand-wringing interviews and discussion panels about "this is the most diverse team we've ever fielded, but what does it mean about us that our top 4 candidates are white!?!?!?!". Poor Mayor Pete, he's apparently chopped liver, being the wrong color, gender, and religion.

They even had some interviews with candidates, who had to engage in mandatory self-criticism for being ahead.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    There's just so many of them.
    Wayne Messam raised $5.00 and spent $0.00 in the third quarter and is still running.

Here are the nine who have made the Nov debate, according to FiveThirtyEight.com:

Nine candidates have made the November debate so far

Democratic presidential candidates* by whether and how they have qualified for the fifth primary debate, as of Oct. 24
    NO. OF QUALIFYING POLLS MET THRESHOLD FOR …
    CANDIDATE OVERALL ≥ 3% EARLY STATE ≥5% POLLS DONORS QUALIFIED
    Joe Biden 17 12
    Bernie Sanders 17 12
    Elizabeth Warren 17 12
    Kamala Harris 17 6
    Pete Buttigieg 16 5
    Tom Steyer 8 0
    Andrew Yang 5 1
    Cory Booker 5 0
    Amy Klobuchar 4 0
    Beto O’Rourke 2 0
    Tulsi Gabbard 1 0
    Julián Castro 0 0
    Michael Bennet 0 0
    Steve Bullock 0 0
    John Delaney 0 0
    Joe Sestak 0 0
    Marianne Williamson 0 0

I think Biden, Steyer, Harris, and Yang should drop out for reasons of patriotism. As in be a patriot and take the defeat for the good of your country; there are too many candidates. I don't think Booker or Klobuchar have a chance, but I think their presence in the debate is a good reminder of good things about the party. I worked for Sanders in the last election and would like to see a Sanders/Klobuchar ticket, followed by a Sanders/Gabbard ticket, followed by a Warren/not sure who ticket. But maybe Gabbard is going to have to drop out because of funding?

And good for Beto for dropping out.

I am glad Biden is not getting out. The election will decide.

With the field still so large, I could see a potential for opposition voters to cross over and vote for some of the less viable candidates in the primaries.

You can’t do that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You can’t do that here.
    Gosh, I never thought of this. But in most states where I have voted, you just go and declare yourself something and ask for the ballot. So if Trump has the nomination, wouldn't Republicans be able to go call themselves Democrats and get ballots and influence the primary election?

You actually have to change parties ahead of time and it involves paperwork.

I thought about two thirds of the states have open primaries now. I know we do in Wisconsin.

Thread Information